1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just replace Stein with "other." Same difference.

Trump won with 46.1% of the vote in 2016. He lost with 46.8% of the vote in 2020.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Somewhere, Phil Hartman is smiling. #SNLCrossThread #Warlords

3. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The thing that polls can’t really measure that keeps campaign managers up nights is how many people decide not to show up to vote and what demographic buckets they fall into.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Oh, I’m well aware it could happen again. To me this feels a bit more like 2012 or 2020. But I absolutely could be wrong. (Numbers were very similar in 2012 at this stage, though it feels like a different universe).

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Found it funny that the "potential assassin" in Coachella was just a gun nut for Trump.

I'd love to hear Trump be asked "What lessons did you take from your first term that would make for a better second term?" Just to give him a chance to show that he is capable of learning.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But she didn't birth him, so ...

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Rational question for an irrational person, would take him .6 seconds to launch into a diatribe that he'd be undoing everything Biden did. Plus the Haitians and Hannibal Lecter and tariffs and whatever else is on the Bingo card.

franticscribe and garrow like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Roe-inspired voters are no more or less likely to avoid calls from unidentified numbers than anybody else. That’s my first instinct. Only thing is that women of reproductive age don’t have land lines. Old people do in some cases. But that shouldn’t make that big a difference.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I figure he'd say he'd hire better people, people more like those he had to pardon heading out the door and fewer of the respected types who have turned against him. But it was mostly a "perfect" presidency. He pardoned some real scumbags if I remember correctly.

Pardons Granted by President Donald J. Trump (2017-2021)

Never really saw his pardons covered, people were just so eager to see him leave town. Probably more than a few of them were paid for as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted