1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wonder what Rick Stain is doing these days.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think I see what they’re getting at. But if you can explain the specifics of what each chart means, you are way, way smarter than I am.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

OK. So . . . where and how were these people located by pollsters?

https://iop.harvard.edu/youth-poll/47th-edition-spring-2024

4. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Kamala going on the offensive and sitting down for an interview Bret Baier at Fox. Guarantee you she and her campaign will work in the fact that she's doing this interview while Trump refuses to talk to anyone who doesn't openly fellate him.

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Polling reminds me of jury duty. The only people who wind up doing it are either too stupid to figure out how to avoid it or have nothing better to do. I'm of the opinion that the people who put the yard signs out in the driveway are the ones most likely to answer the poll questions, which isn't at all representative of the total number of people who are voting. Or at least off by a wide enough margin to mess with the polling error.

6. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Trump "assassin" speaks out

The man characterized by police as a “lunatic” and potential would-be assassin has spoken out and intends to take legal action after he was arrested with multiple guns in his vehicle while trying to enter former president Donald Trump’s rally Saturday in the Coachella Valley.

In the 75-minute video recorded in a motel room after the incident, Vem Miller outlined his political values and accused law enforcement of lying to the public by publicizing an "insane theory that I was there to cause harm."

Trump Rally Arrestee Accuses Cops Of Lying, Spreading 'Insane Theory' | Palm Desert, CA Patch

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I don't think he was an assassin, but I'm also very worried about anyone with a ton of guns recording a 75-minute reaction video.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

10. SoloFlyer

Interesting turnout in The Villages for early voting.

I'd caution against reading too much into it, but still not what you would expect to see in a traditionally strongly conservative area of Florida.

garrow likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. But unless everything I know about polling is wrong, they ATTEMPT to poll a representative sample, even if it may not be as easy as calling the local nursing home that broadcasts Fox News all day and talking to all the residents there.

Even in staunchly conservative places like that, for every 1,000 people driving golf carts, some 330 of them will be voting for Harris.

And while Trump may threaten to withhold aid from California for not being a red state, Trump got more votes from California than he did from any other state (including Texas).

dixiehack likes this.
  12. SoloFlyer

Just to be clear, the 1000 golf carts were all for Harris/Walz. At least according to the campaign.

Draft saved Draft deleted