1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Holding Harris to the norms of presidential campaign news coverage while, to use John Mulaney’s metaphor, continue to let the horse run through the hospital, should go down in history as on of the great failures of journalism — especially if Trump wins again. And now, it’s almost as if he’s daring the traditional media to call him out on his act, ramping up the crazy and the cruel to 11 in the final three weeks of the election.

Webster, SixToe, Dyno and 5 others like this.
  2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

last time I looked, this was the fifth headline down on the WaPo homepage.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

we have to walk before we can run

Kato likes this.
  5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Im not sure why you all expect stories in the Washington Post or NYT will change the minds of Trump supporters.

It needs to be Fox and Newsmax saying he is mentally unfit. That is where the battle is drawn.

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

That would be the next step, yes, but I am not expecting Fox or Newsmax to deal in reality.

No minds are being changed at this point. I agree with that. But journalism is failing to question and address things we are seeing and hearing with our own eyes and ears.

matt_garth, Dyno, Liut and 3 others like this.
  7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

“Person, woman, cha cha cha!
    Man, camera, TV, cha cha cha!”

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I know. I’m just frustrated by his cult today. Shouldn’t be snapping at people on here.

Neutral Corner and FileNotFound like this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The episode is that he lost his mind and only wanted to sway to pretty music.

Noem is the key when you watch her …

Quite bizarre.

The steroids they’ve been pumping him with are rotting his brain at warp speed.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In one sense Trump going visibly insane while remaining a coin flip away from the White House is the biggest story imaginable, and deserves blanket coverage.

in another, this is now a subset (and triggering event) of a larger crisis. This has gone beyond a delusion and now reached a critical mass where tens of millions of Americans have lost touch with all reason and are unlikely to recover. And they are so determined to impose their warped sense of reality that government by psychotic break has become an electoral necessity in a majority of states and roughly half of all congressional districts.

People think that the moon was made to disappear the other week as part of a land-grab conspiracy. The moon. How do you recover from that? Even Republicans can barely keep up with the delusional thinking their voters now demand.

You could pump Seroquel into the water supply and it wouldn’t make a dent by now. The plane has entered an unrecoverable stall.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There does seem to be a very aggressive Twitter campaign pushing the Trump has lost it, dementia, he crapped his pants on stage, etc. storyline Don't know if Harris's "influencer Army" was given marching orders, but given how many Trumpers seem more inclined to "believe" stuff from random people on Twitter than verified sources, it just might work.

While Trump/Vance seem to have settled in on going to a town and telling people how crappy where they live is. Now I'm not suggesting Harris/Walz adapt that strategy - run through Alabama and Mississippi, Tennessee etc. and just start reading the rankings of obesity, quality of life, education, health, income compared to other states (the EVs just aren't enough) but really. It is so odd.

Also this.

Ron DeSantis accused of faking debris backdrop for hurricane press event

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted