1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My high school, a fancy small private day school, didn't even HAVE soccer until well after I graduated in 1968. It was football, cross-country, or well, nothing, and sports were mandatory because of how small we were. 46 kids in my graduating class and we were co-ed.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We've gone over this before, right? Trump brought many outriders to the event, just as Harris or any other candidate would have. Staffers, local pols of their party, etc. Those were the cheering section, not the real big shots.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Tonight on Frontline. One Russian leader. Five Presidents. Only sent critical COVID testing supplies to Moscow before they were readily available to his own constituents.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, I went to a suburban public high school in a Midwestern college town in the early mid 70s with 1200 students.

Our school was a perennial state power in football and had a 31-5 record during my high school years. Soccer came in as a varsity sport my junior year and siphoned off a couple guys who might have seen PT in football (but probably took a couple more guys from cross country).

in later years both programs have gone on to be very successful, both winning state championships and usually in the top 10 or so. But in the 1970s anybody who quit football to play soccer would have been considered a girly boy.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 9:05 PM
    qtlaw likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They break out the middle name when they want to double down on the race card.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

An astonishing admission by the guy who says generals should be replaced by SEC football coaches.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Here’s what I don’t get about that. Even if you were a business owner or executive who otherwise leans conservative, how could you look at all the chaos that has already been unleashed and more to come and decide “You know what, I bet having America devolve into a banana republic couldn’t be that bad for sales.”

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

my taxes and regulations i have no choice

matt_garth likes this.
  9. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

My condolences to the victims of Atlanta traffic today as Trump took his motorcade from the ATL airport all the way up to Cumming in the northern suburbs during evening rush hour, then back down the always pleasant 400 and 285 to get to his love fest in Cobb County.

10. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

This gives me some hope.

Also, Harry Enten is good at his job, and he's gotten so much better on TV. Kudos to him. He was a go-to read at 538 when he was there.

garrow likes this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Taxes.
    Racism.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No I’m serious. What good is saving on your tax bill if the damn country devolves into something just shy of guerrilla warfare and people are afraid to invest in the future at a corporate or personal level?

Draft saved Draft deleted