1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the tyranny of regulations and the nanny state are guerilla warfare on my money potato potahto

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

It's like that's the only adjective they were taught "greatest" OR there's a narcissist in the house hmmm.............

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your ayn rand newsletter.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I wonder how many Chads I could get to tune into an Ayn Rand-craft brewery podcast called Atlas Chugged?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Class of 1986. We didn’t have soccer or baseball at one of the largest schools in the state. So I played club soccer after I blew out my knee playing football and wound up playing in college.

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Class of '84. My football coach said soccer was Communist. Not gay, faggy, girly, fancy-pants, sissified or anything else. Just straight-ass Communist. We didn't have soccer in our town, only youth baseball, softball, hoops and football. The HS didn't have a soccer team until, I think, 2010, but has been successful with it.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I've told this story here before but in my senior year, our foreign exchange student, Antonio de longnameIforget was from Spain and a soccer player ot course. So our somewhat delusional coaches made him Delaware's first soccer-style placekicker. He was a flop because in his words "Antonio does not like to get hit." He did make one field goal in a game which caused our opponents to collapse in awe. What he was really good at was getting laid, so the team admired him even as the coaches hated him.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Class of 1987. We had boys and girls soccer in the winter. Semi-robust youth soccer (AYSO). Football was king in the one high school city I grew up in. And I can't think of any sports we didn't have back then other than lacrosse, which was an East Coast thing when I was growing up and I was in inland SoCal.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Class of 93. We got soccer about midway through high school. I actually toyed with the idea of going out for the team on the basis of having kicked a ball in the park a few times. There is a non-zero chance I would have made the roster.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Totally agree. He seems so much more confident than I thought he'd be when I heard him on podcasts in his previous gig.
    And as to white women allegedly souring on Trump, their support at any level is every bit as baffling to me as the topic Enten touched on recently: why Black men are lukewarm on Harris.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Thanks again for all these clips, Della.

This interview was another new low for Fucko the Klown. Fuck off, Fucko!
    And props to Bloomberg EIC John Micklethwait for challenging him repeatedly.

Draft saved Draft deleted