1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

FightFightFight?

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That's just not possible because she'll run up the score in Cali and the Northeast, while Texas and Florida will be at least within 5%, maybe even closer.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nate Cohn of the Times has written about this after their latest polls. If Trump cuts into Harris's huge margins in California, New York, and New England, even by like losing by 25 instead of 30, it's a huge number of votes nationally. It might not (also might) translate to the swing states where both sides are engaged in carpet bombing of the electorate. I mean, here in Massachusetts, the only signs of the national race are yard signs and bumper stickers. No presidential ads at all on local TV, which means among other things the Republicans have given up on New Hampshire. Like the last state poll here was Harris 56-30. Biden won like 2-1, so this was posited by idiot local TV as a Trump surge.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

How'd Kamala do on Baeer today?

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Never go full Trump.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, when you're such an obvious studmuffin as Ted Cruz, sometimes you gotta play that card.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Regarding Beier, this seems to be the clip most resonating. But I have a very curated Twitter feed. Eager to hear what others thought who watched it (I was taking a long, Fall-in-NC nightly walk blasting The War on Drugs):

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I'd like to know what Trump has been specific about.

He literally says a lot of words that really are a salad, and nothing but generalities and hyperbole.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That was from last December. But that was before the cat lady craze, so understandable how it got missed.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

That is a really damning, true-sounding article. Surprisingly, while it gave me chills to realize both those things, it also left me feeling sad. Really sad.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Slate also touched on this recently from a different angle. One thing that has been noticed in recent data is that Latinos are breaking Republican in ways previously unforeseen. However, because many of those Latinos polled are in states that are lost causes one way or the other (California, Texas, Florida), the thinking is that the Electoral College's baked-in bias in favor of whites is actually helping Harris by biting into her margins less than the national average in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Draft saved Draft deleted