1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Props to the SF cop who basically called the magnitude after about 10 minutes.

MileHigh likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I don't care if it's just delaying the inevitable, but that game in Cleveland yesterday was absolutely incredible. This Yankees team is no dominating behemoth. They've had back-end bullpen problems all year. If the Guardians can stay in games early, they absolutely have a chance at the end.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The Yankees will rue losing that game with the three games in three days. Weaver hasn't been in this situation before, basically being used every day in major leverage situations. Holmes sucks late, but if you throw him a key stuation in the fifth to get two outs he's great. Maybe, maybe Kahnle scares you. The rest of the bullpen is junk. At some point they are going to turn to Stroman for like four innings and he'll implode.

they got lucky the spin on the Which Rodon will show up? wheel landed on good in Game 1.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

One quick threadjack:

I know we have a books thread, but I want to tell all of you baseball fans specifically that "The Tao of the Backup Catcher" by Tim Brown (with Erik Kratz) is one of the best baseball books you will ever read, on par with "The Pitch that Killed." You will not regret one second of the time it takes to read it.

We now return to our regular postseason thread.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Brian Anderson should be negotiating his next contract with TBS right now. What an incredible performance in the booth.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I think he just signed a four-year deal. Thought I heard them congratulating him in the booth.

Hermes likes this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

8. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

It would be nice, though, if a "great call" was more than "OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

You seem like a fun person.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Brewers fans are fortunate to have two quality pxp voices - Brian Anderson and Jeff Levering - along with sideline Sophia Minnaert, who is bilingual and conducts live interviews with the Spanish-speaking stars (Contreras and Chourio).

Plus Uecker.

FileNotFound, Liut and Hermes like this.
  11. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

As do you.

You think screaming OOOOOHHH is good pxp work?

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted