1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think the Old Ranger would've made a fine President.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

To me anyway, the most interesting anomaly is how the same polls showing Harris and Trump neck to neck in the swing states show the Democratic Senate candidates with leads ranging from barely statistical significance to double digits. It's sort of counterintuitive. Is Trump actually more popular than the candidates who vow slavish devotion to his every whim? Is the Republican brand that bad with the normie voting public? Or is just that Trump is sui generis and his imitators turn off even some of his own followers? Beats hell out of me, but it's a question I think about.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I swear to goodness we are going backward in voting technology. When I started voting, we used the old phone booth looking things with a red handle, curtain, and mechanical levers. Then we went to the full iPad style. Nobody every questioned the accuracy of either of those. Now we have to put a blank card into a machine, vote electronically, have it spit out my card with my choices on it, and then feed it into another machine. Some of y'all are using pencil and paper, it seems. What's next, we stack round and square tokens on pegs and have a blind man tally them like we are voting for Lord Commander of the Night's Watch?
    It's 20-friggin-24.
    I think the next time I get on a plane I'll have someone go out front and should "CONTACT!" before spinning the jet engines.

7. Michael_ Gee

As a native Delawarean, I must note that once you leave the Wilmington city limits, the state gets pretty white, and when you go 10 miles south of Wilmington, it gets real white.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It'll be simple of trump wins. Only white, male landowners will be able to vote. Much quicker and efficient. I think that's part of Project 2025.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This is some gaslightin right here.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Irony:
    You take a few dozen bills to the bank, after the person counts, you want it run through the machine to verify.
    You take many thousand ballots to the election commission, after the machine counts, you want the person to verify.

12. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I think you're misrepresenting Dover with a 42% black population.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted