1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7 -- I Goff at your Darnold

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 16, 2024.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Simple way to figure out if a coach is on the "hot seat" 1. Performance (duh) 2. Did they make the playoffs last year? 3. Contract status (how many years left). Dennis Allen is o-3. Third year of the four-year deal he signed when he started. Carr will transition to the older QB you start ahead of rookie you drafted. He's got a contract out after this season.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Don’t forget the intangible of laying this turd the night Sean Payton comes back to town.

3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

This actually might be the first time I've really listened to him on TNF, this year for sure. He was pretty terrible.

Thought someone caught a ball when it was clearly dropped, missed the gain on one run by yards, thought another pass was just dropped when it was clearly batted away, and then whatever the defensive touchdown call was.

I thought his interview with Brees was good and his overall banter was ok, so he's not losing it. Just can't catch up on each play, which as you said, isn't great.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Whatever else I may think of Herbstreit, he’s been a mensch for the way he is protective of Lee Corso. But with Al Michaels on his plate too, the guy has to wonder how he became the designated hospice worker of football broadcasting.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Who has fallen off the cliff worse since Week 2 -- Saints or Raiders?
    The Saints looked like a Super Bowl team those first two weeks. I know injuries have ravaged the roster, but sheesh.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Pierce won’t be there next year, but unless it gets really bad….I don’t envision an in-season mercy killing.

7. DanOregon

I actually think Pierce is safe. He's been given a crap sandwich. New GM. I don't think they could get someone better frankly. Everyone sees Davis is a wishy washy owner. Never seems to know what he wants. I don't know how "in" Brady is going to be with advice. They already tried the "Patriot Way" and it flopped (again).

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

More than $125m in career earnings for a QB who only cracked 90 in passer rating for one season. Amazing.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And yet he's still, arguably, the best quarterback the Bears have had in the past 75 years.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Bob Avellini would like a word.
    (Not really. I just like the reference to the Walter Payton era.)

Draft saved Draft deleted