1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Fatfuck seems to have forgotten that Joe Biden is president, maybe Biden should take his newly SCOTUS-bestowed utter legal immunity from any consequences whatsoever for any actions he deems to be part of his official duties, then in his capacity as commander in chief, order a military special forces squad to bust into Moron Loco and physically beat Fatfuck into submission, to prevent any more of his activities detrimental to national security.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's what I always heard, that Democrats love anarchy.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I 100 percent understand that. But there is zero chance the national race is deadlocked. Like negative zero.

If Trump wins, he's going to significantly lose the popular vote.

But in that regard, if these polls have the national vote as deadlocked, the swing states are probably jacked too. One way or the other.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump often appears at his witch covens with a banner that says "Trump Was Right About Everything." We should not have pay a g*damned thing for these freaks' delusions but the toll has been unimaginable.

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Just checked the Secretary of State website: 18 percent of all Georgia "active" voters have already turned in their ballots and we've got 16 days (?) before Election Day.

Of the 1.2 million ballots, the gender split is 55-45 female and about 772,000 white and 353,000 black, with other/hispanic/asian comprising about 150,000. Not surprisingly, the olds are out in force, particularly those 50 to 79. However, more 18-24s have voted than any other group under 40.

I'm still under the opinion that a huge turnout favors Harris. However, the caveat would be if turnout percentage is greater in rural counties than in Atlanta/Savannah/Macon, that would be mainly Trump voters.

Nothing has changed my mind that Trump will win Georgia by a slim plurality. Nobody's going to get 50 percent here. And again, no "October surprise" can affect the ballots already in the can, and I really would be stunned if anything changes the trend line now.

And like the Tigers getting swept by Houston, I hope I'm 100 percent wrong again.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I’m not going to unclench until Nov. 12 and it’s obvious she won.

DanielSimpsonDay and Driftwood like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Gutter likes this.
  8. Starman

While the right wing screech machine media and internet conspiracy is busy losing its shit over the horrifying possibility of brutal hulking transvestites taking over from pretty princess female sports athletes, the Rupert Murdoch fire hydrant gets back to its original focus-- pissing and bitching about female sports draining money away from the men.

https://nypost.com/2024/10/18/sport...-season-with-nba-investors-growing-impatient/

The NBA financially subsidizing the WNBA has been a screeching point for the right wing for 25 years now; they constantly agitate for the NBA to pull the plug and then presumably the WNBA would evaporate within days.

And of course they'd also love for college and high school athletic departments to cut off the money for all female sports as well and give all the money to the men.

9. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

The October Surprise is coming, and it's right under everyone's nose.

Cuba has had three nationwide blackouts in the last three days. Their power grid is, to use a technical term, completely and utterly fucked, it would seem, due to years of deferred maintenance. Only hospitals, resorts, and the politically connected have generators, it would seem. There's no power to keep food. No power to cook. No fuel for the power plants. The island is less than a week away from a humanitarian catastrophe, one that will force the U.S. into action, because if we don't, every boat in Cuba will be loading up and heading for Florida.

And when/if it happens, Fatfuck will probably rant about how we should either 1) take the island by force and keep it as a territory and/or 2) suggest we do nothing because Cuba and Cubans can't do anything for "us," meaning "him." Either or both of these would alienate the only Latino voting bloc that is consistently Republican, likely costing him Florida and the election.

Then again, the Cuban people who still live in Cuba have 60 years experience going without, so who knows what will happen?

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I stand firmly by my belief that Harris wins every state Biden won and I think she takes North Carolina too. I’m not worried in the slightest about anything other than the inevitable attempts at shenanigans on the local levels.

maumann, Regan MacNeil and garrow like this.
  11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You mean Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Mark Robinson aren't dead ringers for one another? Well, other than their disgusting, inhumane political stances ...

HanSenSE and franticscribe like this.
  12. Starman

Wouldn't the Batista Republicans be all in favor of us rolling into Havana in tanks, probably making it a territorial protectorate of Florida and thus putting MAGAMarshal DeSantis and his troopers in charge as a military government?

Woody Long likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted