1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football week 8 thread - Austin Powers: The Horn Who Hooked Me

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Oct 14, 2024.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah, if Arch can't beat that guy out - he got problems. Ewers looked like the third-stringer who is suddenly put into the game when a team loses its top two QBs. I don't think he has the athletic ability to make up for his indecisiveness or inaccuracy.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Any NFL team needing a first round quarterback in the spring may as well swallow the gun now. This class is grim.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If you go back and think about it…..when was the last time Texas had a qb there that was even decent in the pros?
    Young?

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This is so bad to say.
    If you want the best pro-ready quarterback…..tonight……you probably take the Sanders kid
    I know.
    But who else is there?
    I should wash out my mouth for saying that, but if I’m a GM that has to get a QB tonight, I’m flying into the 303.

5. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

The only one worth a damn is Shedeur Sanders, but he comes with Little League Dad as part of the package.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I would keep an eye on Cam Ward once postseason arrives and he isn’t just lighting up tomato cans.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Only two Texas quarterbacks have ever made a Pro Bowl — Vince Young and Bobby Layne.
    Colt McCoy hung around for 12 years as a backup, which might make him the most accomplished Texas QB outside of those two.

Twirling Time likes this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think this is the right answer. It's not his fault Florida and Florida State suck this year and Clemson's not on the schedule.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If they're not the worst FBS team, non-Conference USA division, then they're in the bottom five or 10.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's still a thing. And it still takes four or five burly football players to lift it.

dixiehack likes this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I thought Jalon Daniels had a really goo chance to be that guy but he hasn't been the same since the injury. he was so good in 2022 and he doesn't even look like the same guy

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Ward is 2 then the rest of the list is rubbish.
    If the Daniels kid from KU can ever stay healthy, he is a freakish athlete.
    I fear he has Fred Taylor Syndrome though.
    The poor sumabitch can’t walk out of the shower without tearing a hamstring.

Draft saved Draft deleted