1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7 -- I Goff at your Darnold

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 16, 2024.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Problem is, he's better at this stage than Bryce Young and it's not even close.

Do they look bad now? Of course. They looked even worse with Young behind the first two weeks.

But here's the bigger problem: David Tepper has already been through a lot of coaches. And one of the big reasons that Dave Canales is in Charlotte is because the type of coaches that Tepper wants know what's going on and won't hold their noses to endure the long-term stench.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

They showed the Vikings' formation. I saw four players in the backfield, seven on the line. Not sure what was illegal about it.

Hermes likes this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It has to eat at Dalton that he might be closing out his career on this note after some of the highs he had in Cincinnati.

Yeah, he's still making NFL quarterback money. But he's also taking a lot of punishment.

4. Sam Mills 51

Worse, he probably thought that after getting away from the Brown family that it couldn't get any worse on that front.

To your penultimate sentence, $5M this season. Contract expires at end of the season.

Panthers have to figure out how to work this. Unless Young comes back at some point during the season and has shown that he's progressing - along with the offensive line keeping him from getting killed – do you re-sign him and try to develop Young? Go back for another high pick at quarterback?

And does Tepper shut up, stay away for the most part and let Dan Morgan and Dave Canales do their jobs?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2024
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Joe Namath approves.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

And Panthers trail Commanders – with Mariota instead of Daniels at quarterback – 27-0 in waning seconds of the first half.

So ... much ... fun ...

7. jr/shotglass

First thing I thought of, too.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Did you count the receiver way the hell back of the line, almost off screen?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2024
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There are a particularly large number of poor teams in the NFL this season. I don't mean just losers, but teams whose wins come as complete shocks. Patriots, Panthers, Titans, Giants, Browns. I suppose the Jaguars could get relatively well, they have some talent. The Raiders are pretty bad, too, come to think of it. They're in a class just ahead of the hopeless cases named above, teams like the Dolphins, Colts and Cardinals who will not have winning records this year, but still have a pulse. That's a lot of the league that "must think of an errand rather than see on TV" is the best plan.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bubble wrap him. Absolutely no need for him today. The Panthers are abhorrent. I can’t remember the last time as a Commanders/Redskins fan that I’ve had such a low stress day. Just enjoying this.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

The Chiefs are the 49ers’ daddy, just like Russell Wilson and the Seahawks used to be.

12. jr/shotglass

Brandon Aiyuk's hip just went in a direction it's not supposed to go.

EDIT: It might not have been as bad as it looked. He walked off slowly.

Draft saved Draft deleted