1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7 -- I Goff at your Darnold

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 16, 2024.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

No Jennings
    No CMC
    Debo is sick
    BA hurt
    Pearsall making his debut after being shot in the chest

This isn’t an offense, it’s a MASH unit

Tarheel316 and HanSenSE like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Seems like there are more blowouts this year than normal.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I need to start thinking like this. Would help me with sleep on Sundays and Mondays.

(Panthers are not causing me to lose sleep. Just my lunch.)

Well, Panthers just scored. It's now 37-7 Commanders. Just five more scores and the Panthers have 'em beat and have this thing completely turned around.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Stunning that the Raiders "third emergency QB" Jakobi Meyers is out. Hope Minshew stays upright. I can't believe they don't have some developmental guy from camp. But not even a practice squad QB.
    Cue the Tom Brady rumors.

Even the good teams aren't that interesting this year.

6. Sam Mills 51

Meyers was recruited as a quarterback to NCSU, but moved to wideout because they had better quarterbacks.

7. Sam Mills 51

And Bryce Young is in. Oh joy ...

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I agree with the opinions that NFL play has gotten progressively worse over recent seasons because of poor coaching.
    Has there been a new coach named in the past five years or so who shows growth year after year? I used to think McVay but that’s stretching it.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The fact that defenders fall for the Mahomes pump fake past the line of scrimmage every single time

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Colts' spreads have been 2, 6, 5, 3, 3, 3, 6

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't care for Tom Brady's persona. And I might be roundly booed. But he hasn't sounded too bad when I've checked in on Niners-Chiefs. He seems to be getting comfortable with it.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the decline in play is mostly due to offensive line instability. The league could go to a Salary cap by position group (Oline, receivers, QB, running backs, secondary, linebackers) It might allow teams to keep units together better. Most teams already try to cap their costs per unit in any event.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted