1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Don't look at 538 unless you want to vomit. I think it's bullshit, personally, but I think it might put some folks into a spiral.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I said three weeks ago he was winning and I was scolded for it.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Jesus Fucking Christ! Get a grip. When polls and poll averages are this close, nobody's fucking winning. Sure Trump can win. This is a racist sexist country. He could also lose, because a majority, including a good number who'll vote for him, think he sucks. It would be nice if Harris led by 10, but that's not the country we live in. Go donate or call a relative and get to vote or some goddamn thing. I think it's amazing that a body of people who can parse arcane sports statistics down to the fifth place after decimal can't understand that 51-49 is a coin flip no matter which side of the numbers you're on.

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I am still in disbelief that SOMEBODY in the Republican Party did not/has not called for Trump to step aside, a la Biden. Seriously, it is what should have happened, not too long after Biden did it. Anyone who hasn't seen or doesn't believe Trump's downward spiral, particularly since Biden dropped out, is simply being willfully ignorant and stupid. For reasons that are beyond me.

Harris should win in a landslide, just based on Trump's recent behavior, let alone any past issues, and no matter what you think of her or her policies. Like, again, "Anyone besides Trump." That we are all still afraid that Trump could/will win this election is just inexplicable. As I've said before, the Republican Party should be ashamed of itself.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’ll vote for Kamala Harris. I made a drop in the ocean donation when she got in over the summer. I’ve quietly checked with a couple of Georgia friends inclined to vote blue to make sure everything is cool with them.

Beyond that I will hold to my pessimism and rest secure in the knowledge that the election does not ride on me having unwavering belief that my pumpkin is the most sincere in the patch.

TowelWaver and maumann like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The reality of course is that everyone in the Republican party is currently thinking and scheming as to how to grab more power once Trump is elected either before it becomes evident he can't serve or after. IMO if he wins, there will be murders, not of Democrats, but GOP on GOP crime.

maumann likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I get the feeling that things are going to break one way in these last two weeks.

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

"Two fries short of a Happy Meal"

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

McDongald's

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It’s been about what it’s been for the past few weeks. 270’s no toss up, Real Clear Politics and FiveThirtyEight show Trump with an edge to win. It’s all margin of error stuff. It’s enough to make me nervous because Biden was much more tilted and he fell within margins of error in the swing states. Now the polls showed a Red Wave back in 22 that didn’t happen. So the tight race could be artificial, but we’d be fools to dismiss it. Silver even addresses the poll flooders and he isn’t saying it’s shifting the averages that much. I’m wary of the averages anyway because outliers—even ones by legit outfits—can skew them.

We’ll see. Vote. Encourage others to vote. Spare a few bucks if you can. Pray. I’m not going to be calm about this for a while.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Emphasizing the "I think it's bullshit" part of my post.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted