1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’d assume Ohtani brings in extra viewers. And Dodgers-Yankees have built-in fans. But it probably won’t draw any sort of eye-popping numbers. Pretty much the way of things.

I think the Dodgers are the better team. But my impression is largely from watching them beat up on the Mets for the last week.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Could they possibly make a Monday Game 3 into a day game one of these years? Gotta think the goodwill and nostalgia factor would outweigh any financial hit and I'm not even sure there would be one. Viewing habits are so fragmented and all but a day World Series game might just hit people in the feels -- and baseball hasn't done that too often recently.

poindexter and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

LOL. No chance. Unless they put it on FS1 at 5 p.m. EDT. But it's Dodgers-Yankees so, yeah, not happening.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Well not this year of course, but at some point it might be worth a shot.

MileHigh likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’m still stunned they’re going back to players wearing their own uniforms in the All-Star Game. Never thought I’d see it again.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

MNF game is Giants at Steelers. Giants stink, but Steelers will bring eyeballs.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes, but it's trash. Bengals-Giants last week got the worst SNF ratings in years.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is a really direct fan conflict night. Mets fans and Jets fans tend to go together.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait, wut?

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It doesn’t matter who is playing, people still are gambling and playing fantasy football.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bobby Bonilla might be available to pinch hit.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I mean what are they supposed to do? They avoided the nfl as best they could and put potential clinchers on days by themselves

Draft saved Draft deleted