1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Nah I’ll gladly pull for the Dodgers. Yankees fans rival Trump supporters in their arrogance and obnoxiousness and Ohtani is a generational talent we may never see the likes of again.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Talk shit about Rick Monday ...

ChrisLong likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

It's so hard for this guy to openly admit this so in secret I'll root for Mookie and Shohei.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2024 at 1:30 PM
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And Steinbrenner was issuing apologies to fans about the team’s play and getting into fights with fans in elevators.

maumann likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I want to see a story on who's paying $18K for these seats.

upload_2024-10-21_17-48-33.png

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Apologies in advance to the New Yorkers. I was taught at an early age that rooting for the Yankees to win anything was worse than applying to Notre Dame, having your tonsils removed or calling my Canadian grandparents "Canucks."

Money can buy you titles but it won't buy you love. Or maybe I've got that backwards. Detroiters lack both.

I must admit a hint of jealousy and envy at all the World Series titles and Hall of Famers. But I didn't make the rules. Plus, I look terrible in pinstripes.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The Yankees and Dodgers have met 11 times in the WS, an MLB record. Which teams have opposed each other the second-most times?

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Wild guess: A's vs. Giants. Mainly Philadelphia-New York version.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yankees and Cardinals?

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yankees and Cardinals?

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

No to the above answers. The Giants-A's have met four times, the Cardinals-Yankees five times. The teams I'm looking for have played seven times.

Draft saved Draft deleted