1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

We don’t want what it would take to end the EC, namely a second civil war and a constitutional convention.

2. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I've seen more of the "anybody but Kamala" posts and rhetoric this year. Not as much as "he's not Trump" in 2020 but still I hope it's few and far between.

I think many Republicans know Trump won't last four years but are satisfied enough with Vance as opposed to using common sense and voting for Harris.

They are stuck on how great prices were before the 2020 election, ignoring, of course, that there was a worldwide pandemic. Emphasis on worldwide. It wasn't just one country that experienced COVID. And they also ignore that Biden inherited a mess in more ways than one (read stolen election) in which they were only too happy to continue fostering.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, he inherited a vaccine that was a month old and about to be introduced to the population.

Sure beats being inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2020.

Liut likes this.
  4. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

There was no inauguration on Jan. 20, 2020, unless I'm missing your point.

5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I'm probably on the wrong side of the Internet but the only anyone but Kamala people I've seen have been diehard Tumpers all along. I'm sure there are others out there but it doesn't seem close to the people voting for Biden because he wasn't Trump in 2020. On the other hand, there definitely hasn't been as much excitement from a candidate from a particular base since Obama's first go.

How it will all work out, who knows.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

7. Della9250

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm sure CFTFG will wear that french fry pin with honor, just like his Michigan Man of the Year award.

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. Della9250

10. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

There were some posts over the weekend, especially yesterday, talking about polls and I mentioned that we didn't have many high quality recent state polls. All of the polls had been national ones.

That changed today. The Washington Post dropped new polls of all of the battleground states.

Harris is ahead in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. Trump is ahead in Arizona and North Carolina. They are tied in Nevada.

Here is the kicker:
    If you switch from likely voters to registered voters, Harris seems to gain. That suggests that Harris - not Trump - may actually benefit from getting people to show up who have more inconsistent voting habits.

Per the Post:
    One final nugget:
    It's one set of polls from one source. I wouldn't dare spike the football. But this is a positive report for Harris/Walz.

Here is the full write-up:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/10/21/harris-trump-post-schar-school-poll/

jr/shotglass, UNCGrad and maumann like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Are the Kamala/Cheney Chats in traditionally Red Parts of Pa/Mich/Wisky?

If so that is brilliant electioning.

Draft saved Draft deleted