1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

matt_garth and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They are campaigning in well-to-do suburban counties of the Philly, Detroit and Milwaukee metros.
    PS: Proper word is "electioneering."

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bet they watch steeplechase horse racing and tailgate with caviar and Grey Poupon.

4. Michael_ Gee

I have a dear friend who lives in Chester County. She used to RIDE steeplechase. Had more injuries than a hockey player. She's aged out of riding. Now she keeps rescue horses. Yeah, it's that kind of place.

maumann likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He keeps claiming schools are transitioning kids without the parents' consent. Of all the lies he's told, that's the most bald-faced one.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

As best I can tell, nowhere in this press release did it say Harris did not work at McDonalds.
    So did I misread it, the person who posted it misread it or was it so poorly written that two presumably reasonable people could read it and come to totally different conclusions?

x.com

7. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Here is my impression of Lynn Cheney is the people who know about her and could distinguish her from an ordinary Jane on the street are already super attentive to politics and could have told you which party they were voting for in this election 10 minutes after the last one.

Go talk to people whose lives are governed by a time clock. This ain’t debate club.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt Burger King has any record of me working for them in 1996-98. I might find a W-2 form if I dig through my old shit deep enough.

That was my last job before I got my first full-time journalism job. I made assistant manager at BK and got a small raise by changing jobs. Imagine those times.

maumann likes this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

There is such a strong correlation between baseball and a presidential election. There are your diehards who will watch every game, drill down the minutiae, track the minor leagues, etc. Then there are those who will tune in near the end of the season and catch up on everything before the playoffs. I contend in politics that there are a lot more people in the latter camp. Two weeks from tomorrow Everything will be magnified from here on out. Closing messages matter.

maumann, TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

The purpose of Lynne Cheney for Harris is to create a permission structure for Republican women who don't like Trump but who're reluctant to go against their party to do so this one time.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

From the Post poll story:

Draft saved Draft deleted