1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7 -- I Goff at your Darnold

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 16, 2024.

1. brn623cl

brn623cl Member

Since he was married to a local girl we payed a lot of attention to his Kazoo helmet in the 1980's. one of the first cracks at lowering concussion results Kelso's helmet | Pro Football Hall of Fame

Liut likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The quest to design a safer helmet has been going on since I was a kid. At some point in the early '60s, Ohio State wore helmets that were allegedly safer (they weren't and were abandoned).

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, he started this by using the Myles Garrett thing as an excuse to take out his frustrations on a Steelers fan. If you are going to jump into things that don't concern you, at least have your facts straight. Also, I'm fairly certain that it was over by the time you posted this, so perhaps you should take your own advice. Thank you.

4. outofplace

Exactly, and I have read comments from multiple experts saying that there really is no way to create a helmet that will significantly protect players from brain injuries.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I thought this was rather nice.

BurnsWhenIPee and Liut like this.
  6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I like Justin Fields and hope he does well. Tomlin, too.
    Unfortunately, now my hope is the Steelers/Stealers suck.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There is not a single post where I was a whiny fanboy. The team which I rooted for lost a game 24 hours before I posted. I was merely pointing out your hypocrisy with respect to Watson and Ben — the fact that the Steelers beat the Jets this week has nothing to do with that.

Again, take a few minutes to consider why you have had pissing matches for years on a regular basis on NFL threads.

JC, Liut and justgladtobehere like this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

When I was in high school, the Air Helmet was the big thing. Inflatable inner lining that was supposed to soften blows. I don't think it was a around a few years later (early, mid-90s).

Ed Reed was on the Manningcast last night and said he didn't think the new protective caps would help. Mentioned the real issue is a boxing-type blow with the snap of the neck/jaw. Which would make sense with the head injuries to skill players.

I might be getting what Reed said sort of wrong... I was half paying attention, and he seemed pretty stoned. And I was definitely pretty stoned...

playthrough likes this.
  9. outofplace

@2muchcoffeeman, please note that not only did Webster here start this, but he is dragging it out because he doesn't like the way I've exposed his fanboy rage. I already rolled my eyes and tried to move on, but he posted this nonsense. I'm sorry if it doesn't meet your approval, but I'm going to respond.

There is no hypocrisy. I have never lied in defense of Roethlisberger as Garrett did in defense of Watson. There was an interesting discussion someone tried to start about players supporting Watson, but you ruined that with your bullshit. I haven't just acknowledged that Roethlisberger was and still is a bad guy. I've argued it, so please kindly stuff your false accusation against me somewhere uncomfortable.

That said, I find it funny that you are trying to sell me or anybody on the notion that it was just a coincidence that you went out of your way to start a pissing match with a Steelers fan the day after that team buried your Jets. I'm not buying it, fanboy.

I haven't had a pissing match like this on here in a while, so perhaps you should go back and read through this discussion again and realize you started this mess and you are the one keeping it going. Your ashamed silence would be a wonderful way to answer this post. Let's see if you have the self-discipline to do it.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I am a functioning adult who doesn’t hold random grudges against teams. I’m sure you will write 3 more posts that I’m a whiny fanboy I look forward to someone else being your target in the Week 8 thread.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Take it to PMs already.

BurnsWhenIPee, Liut and dixiehack like this.
  12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You did start with the "your team" crap. So now he only has to write two more.

Draft saved Draft deleted