1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I'll admit it - and perhaps it's not really that far away from the similar perception of the PWNING the Libs crowd - but a very large part of me doesn't want Trump to win because I really don't want THEM and that side to win. Their smug, Christian Nationalist rhetoric winning makes me feel sick to my stomach, and I mean that literally. It really does.

So I'll say it - I don't want THEM to win.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Nothing unreasonable about that. They're not objective citizens; they're fans. They're not different than Yankees fans who think everything their team does is awesome and everything Boston or the Phillies or Dodgers does is bullshit. And just like Yankees fans, they gloat over every win, peacocking around as if the forces of all things good defeated an evil empire. It is really no different than "fuck your feelings." It's annoying and there's really no place in our society for sycophancy for people who really should be viewed more critically than anyone considering the power they wield.

4. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

It's Duke Basketball winning, times infinity.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

With every Duke fan posting a giant sign or flag in their yard and wearing a "Fuck Dean Smith" shirt.

franticscribe, TigerVols and UNCGrad like this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Every time I read someone saying this, I can't help thinking that Harris made a big mistake passing on Shapiro as her VP.

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Shapiro is going on to way bigger and better things. His time will come.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Heh heh heh. ... Good one.

I Should Coco and Baron Scicluna like this.
  9. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

That seemed staged to me. Not that Kelly is wrong.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No. Shapiro would have opened (more) attacks on the Palestinian issue.

TigerVols and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I don't know ... sometimes I want Trump to win, because I want to see them deal with the fallout from the 100 percent tariffs, trade wars, the death of NATO, and mass deportations. They want the Hurricane? Let them reap it. ....

I'm a white protestant upper-middle class earner whose taxes will be cut. I suspect I'll personally be fine.

Driftwood and maumann like this.
  12. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I'm going to try to avoid watching election night, which will be very difficult since I work at a newspaper and actually love election night.

Hey, I stopped eating bread for a couple of weeks, so it's possible.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted