1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I mostly suspect I'll be fine as well, but I don't care about that. I do care that whenever the economy does crash and people stop traveling to play golf at resorts, I could lose my job at a very bad time in life to try to find another gig. That's probably an eventuality at some point no matter what, though.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Already told my wife I'm going to the pool hall that night. Anyone in my area who wants to meet up and shoot a few racks, hit me up.

FileNotFound likes this.
  3. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Well, I'm working election night but that sounds like a wonderful idea.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I made the mistake in November 2015 of going out to eat at a nearby pizza place on Election Night. It turned out that the patrons were wearing a lot of red and drinking a lot of beer. It wasn't a good way to watch it slip away.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The room in Harrisburg is pretty culturally diverse in terms of clients and Monday night none of the flat screens were on at all, let alone tuned into the news. The owner of the room leans more libertarian (which we all know is nonsense) but hates both parties so I don't see him entertaining the idea of turning the place into Election Night Central. The buddy I went with Monday also suggested I leave my phone in the glovebox.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

so much pessimism the last few pages.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You're damn skippy.

UNCGrad likes this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Happens around here every 4 years. Democrats are afraid of their own shadows.

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

A look at the data would be nice, rather than the latest doomcasting on XXXXXXXXX.

TowelWaver and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sometimes, the punch lines write themselves.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

If Trump is elected again, he will become the dictator he always wanted to be.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm worried that turnout, or lack thereof, is going to be the deciding factor. I have the same gut feeling I had about this time in 2016. I think he's going to win PA, NC, NV, AZ and GA. And that's ballgame. Please feel free to roast me in two-plus weeks. Would gladly take the L here.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted