1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

To be fair, he didn't sexually harass anyone; his employee did. A Republican he brought on board in the image of "reaching across the aisle" who many warned him about.

2muchcoffeeman and outofplace like this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I've donated money to the Harris campaign. I might throw a few bucks more, but it sure doesn't seem like she's hurting on cash flow at this point. And I'm not sure how much more can be spent.

A few days ago on this thread, the annoying number of campaign ads during sporting events was discussed. I think it goes to the ridiculous amount of money on hand for both sides. They can spend big on national ads like that. And sports are one of the last things people watch live in big numbers. So it makes sense to buy those ads. But they are annoying.

I don't know what will happen, but Harris and her team have run a great campaign. Especially when you stop and think it's really only been THREE MONTHS since Biden dropped out.

Which also makes me wish for limiting campaigns. In presidential years, kick off July 4. No ads, mailers or campaigning before that.

I know there's too much money at stake for that to ever happen. And it goes to the point that there's a real corporate media interest in making sure it's always a horserace, even if it's not.

But a July 4-to-Election Day campaign season would be a fucking dream come true for me.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Remember, the Trump supporter you know isn't likely "a good guy." He's probably a racist piece of shit and has just been good at hiding it.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If Shapiro nails down Pennsylvania, who’s to say that Wisconsin and Michigan don’t become problem children that Walz could have helped with in the alternate universe?

maumann likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Especially Michigan and the Palestine question.

Starman likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1. People do not vote based on vice-presidential candidates. The last one who made such a specific contribution was LBJ in Texas for JFK in 1960. That's a long time ago.
    2. By any metric, Walz has fulfilled the VP candidate role as well as anyone else could've.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I can't go quite that far but no question there's millions of voters who will pick him but never own up to it.

Then again I'm also not sure every knuckle-dragger flying an oversized Trump flag off their truck actually votes. They just enjoy the circus of it all.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We know Harris is healthy. CFTFG OTOH ... all we have is whar we see and hear.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So some genius on Twitter has proposed that if you vote early, instead of an "I voted" sticker, you get a code that turns off all the political ads on your cable or streaming services.

11. Regan MacNeil

That would lead to record early turnout.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Walz has had some stumbles, including the VP debate. Also, if it really does come down to Pennsylvania, which guy helps more?

Draft saved Draft deleted