1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

More nights like this for Harris, and we're going to see a lot more displays like this from Trump's true believers.

garrow likes this.
  2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

This might be assuming far too much good faith, but I kind of read the LA Times thing as a "Republicans buy sneakers too" situation. Even Southern California probably has thousands of readers and advertisers who'll see a Harris endorsement and pull the abort handle, and like most owner/publisher types I've worked with, I'm guessing revenue means more to Soon-Shiong than backbone.

Though they have endorsed for lower offices, as I've said before, Trump's main skill against the media is forcing them to make a value judgement, because even as easy one is something he can cite as bias against him, while punting can be spun as a sign of doubt.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Seeing the clips from Tapper and Jones give me hope we may see a change in how the race will be reported. But I also know the first thing we'll hear about tomorrow after a recap of the town hall is POLLS!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2024 at 2:36 AM
    Baron Scicluna likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Tim Moore is a lying, conniving, partisan POS who has been one of the biggest reasons North Carolina has been drug into the mud. Also one of the biggest yokes trying to drag down anything and everything Roy Cooper has tried to accomplish during the latter's time as governor.

Just a despicable human being. And, like many Republicans in this state, a legend in his own mind.

garrow and Driftwood like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Had to have been at least a decade ago. It was a point of conversation last we were up there for a function in 2018.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

France was looking to invade Italy and Thousand Islands and Trump stopped the Great Salad Dressing War.

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

1984 isn’t supposed to be a how-to book.

swingline, Driftwood and garrow like this.
  10. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Being MAGA means being a whiny f*ckhead

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

“crusade”

Draft saved Draft deleted