1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'm surprised — though I'm not sure why I am — that so many people are on all of those social media sites. I'm on here, and that's it. I have a facespace account, but I haven't logged in for at least five years. Just don't care. I signed up for Twitter years ago but never posted anything and never use it. I don't have any other accounts at all.

I am shocked at how much personal stuff people post online. Although I haven't made it too hard to figure out who I am on this site, I would never post very many personal details here or anywhere. If I need help, I have a few friends who would bail me out — or be caught with me.

maumann and SixToe like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Could’ve put this in a different thread, but …

5. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Sort of seems like this would be a major conflict of interest for a person with so many U.S. government contracts.

matt_garth likes this.
  7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

AP cutline: Hamburglar, left, and a McDonald’s employee …

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Harris has assembled the broadest coalition in U.S. electoral history ... all since 7/21/24.
    From Lizzo to Dick Cheney.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Absolutely this. The first charmer Trumper will be the most dangerous of all.

And hell, it may be Trump himself in 10 days.

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I really believe most Trump voters are elderly people who have just decided they/we are not ready for a woman President, or else, they're the typical Trump/MAGAt-type personified: stupid, ignorant people who don't read, and yet, somehow, think he's going to be way better for the economy and the border.

He won't be, and there's nothing that either Trump or they can cite in terms of what he did during his last term as President, or with regard to any specific policies he has spoken of during the recent campaign. But that doesn't seem to matter because, well, we're back to the stupid/ignorant factor.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’m not selling any ammo before February. 2026.

Draft saved Draft deleted