1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

If you don't want to do an endorsement, then fine, whatever. But waiting to announce that two weeks before Election Day sure comes across as the biggest "finger in the air" kind of moment ever. Come out and say it 6 months, 12 months ahead of time.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2024 at 3:11 PM
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Pennsylvania officials investigating fraudulent voter registration applications in Lancaster County

"The application forms were completed by paid canvassers, as part of a “large-scale canvassing operation" dating back to June, District Attorney Heather Adams told reporters on Friday. She added that at least two other counties may have received fraudulent registration applications, too.

“We have confirmed violation of our crimes code as well as our elections code. We have all available detectives working on this. We are all hands on deck so that we can properly assess the validity of these applications in a timely manner,” she said."

4. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

Great political ad from Indiana. Wait for it.

franticscribe and playthrough like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Racist life, MAGA boy
    He moves in space with maximum waste and minimum joy
    Angry whites and business flights
    More crazy required to reach higher heights

No place for beginners or sensitive hearts
    Nothing is left to chance
    January 6th was no ending but somewhere to start

No need to ask, he's a coup operator
    Coup operator
    Coup operator
    Coup operator

Coast to coast
    DC to Chicago, toxic male
    Across the north and south to Mar a Lago, gov for sale

I Should Coco likes this.
  6. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

We'll see what comes of this, but my immediate suspicion jumps to the groups working with the GOP/Trump's campaign. Why? Because it's well documented that instead of relying on GOP/RNC apparatus for voter registration and canvassing, they're relying on third party groups, including one sponsored by Elon Musk that has overhauled its operation multiple times in the span of several months.

The Ground Game: Harris’s Turnout Machine vs. Trump’s Unproven Alliance

https://apnews.com/article/trump-po...vassing-musk-0c1c095a6516b7bcbc80bf94fe0fe45a

Such an operation just seems ripe for fraud and mistakes.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Trump is Hitler"
    "Trump is Hitler"
    "Trump is Hitler"
    "Trump is Hitler"

"We have decided against endorsing anyone in this election."

Talk about cutting an eight-year argument off at the knees.

8. Neutral Corner

They are refusing to say who is being investigated so far. Hiring outsiders to do on the cheap what the Democratic state party does every election makes me lean toward this likely being the R's.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As you all know, I have a personal rooting interest in seeing my classmate and fellow '89 graduate be POTUS.

I am disgusted that fatf*ck is even a viable candidate at this point.

I go back to 2016 when he unbelievably won, I walked over to my local Chinatown, looked at the elderly people hunched over their goods selling vegetables on the street corner and thought if they can persevere, I can persevere as well, whatever the outcome.

It kills me to my core that this is even a remote possibility.

However, I continue to believe that the majority of the voters in our great country will rise up and say "enough is enough" and vote VP Harris as the next POTUS.

10. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

There is mounting evidence that there has been a shift in the electorate and that could lead to some unexpected results.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Nate Silver is no longer affiliated with 538, just to clarify.

dixiehack and Hermes like this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Why cut knees off when you can just throw someone out of a high-rise window?

Draft saved Draft deleted