1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I canceled WaPo online. I will probably resubscribe at some point but I wanted to protest.

Cosmo, qtlaw, garrow and 1 other person like this.
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Great point. As a rule, I have hated newspaper endorsements ever since I had to cover local elected officials that my publisher DIDN’T endorse early in my reporting career (and they never let you forget it).

But wimping out at the last minute because of the Cult is weak sauce.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Jake Tapper, back from the Dark Side.

franticscribe, TowelWaver and garrow like this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If you’re the Washington Post and L.A. Times, you might as well never run another editorial again. If you can’t express an opinion on THIS election, then why would anyone want to read about your opinion about anything else?

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It probably has to do with helping Colin Allred, who bombs my inbox six times a day with requests bordering on demands for money even though I'm not a Texan and never fucking will be. I hope the strategy of campaigning in Texas helps boot Ted Cruz into irrelevance where he belongs.

6. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Patchen and franticscribe like this.
  8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

maumann and garrow like this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Agree with all of this. Particularly that somehow trump has gained voters. I could be wrong, but I don't see him matching his total from last time. If I am wrong, then that's likely the ballgame. He could still win with less than his 2020 number if Harris doesn't turn out the vote. But early signs certainly point to this being a turnout election. That, I think, favors Dems in this case.

He did overperform his polls in 2016 and 2020. I think it's entirely possible there's been an overcorrection of the models. It wouldn't need to be by much to throw things out of whack, especially with the flood of right-wing junk polls flooding the zone.

As his fans say, it's different when he's on the ballot. Sure... but that wasn't the case in the primary when he was running as the de facto incumbent. A lot of those registered republicans didn't vote for him, to the tune of 15-18%. And not all of them will be coming home.

Anyhoo, I just want it to be over. I want to know how much of hateful, ignorant country this is. Or isn't. Either way, I'm gonna be thinking about this stuff a whole lot less.

maumann and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Between crashes, Danica must have swallowed too much Rodgers jis.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The only Trumpist in the Maryland delegation. And a despicable human. A medical doctor who encouraged his patients to take the horse medication that his lord and savior was advocating for COVID.
    He needs to go away. But as long as the Eastern Shore has to have a representative in Congress, he’s safe.

Draft saved Draft deleted