1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Supporting Allred is a positive byproduct of the visit, but it's not the focus. Elevating abortion rights and women's rights is

As far as Texas, it's probably tighter than it's been in some time, but it's not there yet. It won't be until ballot access improves.

maumann likes this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Here's a prime example of what leads me to believe we're looking at record turnout while trying to interpret what it means. I'll take Fulton County for example, one of the major Atlanta counties.

2020: 524,000 votes, 72-26 split in favor of Biden. (Record turnout despite COVID.)
    2024: 276,000 votes already cast and still 10 days from Election Day. However, I don't know if Harris is doing better or worse.

Georgia's all-time Presidential election record turnout is 67 percent. Right now, Georgia SOS is reporting 36 percent have already voted and today's tally was bigger than yesterday's. Some crazy-go-nuts numbers, indeed. Rabun County, with 11,000 registered voters, already has 6,100 ballots banked.

franticscribe likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, unless Trump dies, the 2028 GOP nominee will be the one who gets Trump's endorsement.

4. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I'm Chicken Little, for sure, for the next 10 days.

I'm terrified.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Elections seen as close by the voters are almost always high turnout elections.

maumann likes this.
  7. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Two items of note...

garrow likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This may cost him another "Michigan Man of the Year" award.

garrow likes this.
  9. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You should be.

It's over. He's going to win.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It's really feeling like, no matter what happens, this election isn't going to be similar to recent elections.

I've read the stuff from Jon Ralston in Nevada, who always seems to present accurate, nonpartisan information. He says so far the early voting trends are drastically different that recent elections.

What that means, I have no clue.

maumann likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted