1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fatfuck's event in Traverse City is just a hangar speech -- he won't be out of the plane any longer than it takes to refuel.

His arrival ETA keeps getting adjusted backwards by 15 minute increments. They're now saying he should be in TC by 10:45.

EDIT 10:35: on the ground and spewing his bullshit

Last edited: Oct 25, 2024 at 10:35 PM
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

3. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Off to a great start.

sgreenwell and garrow like this.
  5. HanSenSE

Apologies if a d_b.

garrow likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

he is very specific about his favorite songs kamala hasn't even mentioned what was on her tdk mixtape from 1983 i have no choice

8. HanSenSE

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ahead of you, brother. Played golf today and hit it straight and long on a perfect 70-degree afternoon. Not worrying as much as resigned. All I can do is vote.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Talked politics today with my parents, both 70+ and living in the Phoenix area.

They requested ballots by mail, filled them out and my dad dropped them off on Tuesday.

On Wednesday night, a volunteer knocked on their door (they’re registered Dems) to remind them about voting early. After a talk (probably a long one!) with my parents, he explained that dropped off ballots take up to 48 hours to get entered into the list of people who voted. He thanked them for their vote and moved on down the list.

So that’s what it’s like living in a swing state, I guess! Lots of “boots on the ground,” not just political ads.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I made a token $25 gift to the Democratic National Committee today. They wore me down. I felt guilty about having ignored thousands of communications since a similar gift a few months ago. Naively, I hoped their email service would temporarily exclude me from the lists. (I work for a nonprofit, and that's what we do. If you make a gift, you get a reprieve from repeat requests for the same effort.)
    Nope. Five more since.

TowelWaver likes this.
  12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Sorry, Jake, but that came off as a bad audition for SNL's "Weekend Update."

Draft saved Draft deleted