1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

OK. Thanks. Fox guys didn't mention it at all and with the IW it got lost in the shuffle.

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I think one of the Fox guys said the reason it happened is because he threw it from the seats. So they noticed but it wasn't a focus for sure. Whoever was running their scoreboard sure didn't know. If they would have kept it on the umpire a second longer no one would have been confused.

I still don't know if I walk the bases loaded with two outs, but I guess the paper says what it says.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Hill was absolute nails against the Guards. I don’t get the hesitation to use him.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

5.06(b)(3)(c) ... If a fielder, after having made a legal catch, should step or fall into any out-of-play area, the ball is dead and each runner shall advance one base, without liability to be put out.

micropolitan guy and maumann like this.
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I can’t figure out how to post it here, but there is a photo out there of Freeman with his bat in the air taken from the left-field seats that is one of the greatest sports photos I’ve ever seen.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I don’t necessarily blame Boone for bringing Cortes in……not even walking them loaded for Freeman…..but he’s figuring he’s getting a first pitch fastball…..and at 93 right in the slot, that meatball had a whole bunch of grease and gravy dripping from it.

maumann likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

IMG_6386.jpeg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2024 at 10:00 AM
  9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Thanks. I need to figure out how to do this.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

One of those pics you can look at for an hour and find a new thing. Crowd reaction shots and videos are the best. If it’s your own team, you can watch them 1,000 times and never tire of them, either.

Batman, maumann and FileNotFound like this.
  12. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

Freeman really should have gone with the Gibson fist pump rounding second as an homage.

The Yankee 2B trying to short hop the throw from Soto after Ohtani’s hit and misplaying it, instead of just blocking it, turned out to be a huge mistake - made tying the game up much easier with the guy on 3rd.

ChrisLong likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted