1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

LOL, posting again for all the 400-pound
    floppy titted flouncing f****ts in this world.

Girdle UP, fuckos! You are not alone!!! *

* Well, actually, yes you are. You're 400-pound floppy titted flouncers. Have a salad!

Woody Long likes this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

It has fallen to me,

the humor columnist, to
    endorse Harris for president

Isn’t this what a newspaper is supposed to do?

By Alexandra Petri
    The Washington Post

We as a newspaper suddenly remembered, less than two weeks before the election, that we had a robust tradition 50 years ago of not telling anyone what to do with their vote for president. It is time we got back to those “roots,” I’m told!

Roots are important, of course. As recently as the 1970s, The Post did not endorse a candidate for president. As recently as centuries ago, there was no Post and the country had a king! Go even further back, and the entire continent of North America was totally uninhabitable, and we were all spineless creatures who lived in the ocean, and certainly there were no Post subscribers.

But if I were the paper, I would be a little embarrassed that it has fallen to me, the humor columnist, to make our presidential endorsement. I will spare you the suspense: I am endorsing Kamala Harris for president, because I like elections and want to keep having them. ...

Embarrassingly enough, I like this country. But everything good about it has been the product of centuries of people who had no reason to hope for better but chose to believe that better things were possible, clawing their way uphill — protesting, marching, voting, and, yes, doing the work of journalism — to build this fragile thing called democracy. But to be fragile is not the same as to be perishable, as G.K. Chesterton wrote. Simply do not break a glass, and it will last a thousand years. Smash it, and it will not last an instant. Democracy is like that: fragile, but only if you shatter it.

Trust is like that, too, as newspapers know.

I’m just a humor columnist. I only know what’s happening because our actual journalists are out there reporting, knowing that their editors have their backs, that there’s no one too powerful to report on, that we would never pull a punch out of fear. That’s what our readers deserve and expect: that we are saying what we really think, reporting what we really see; that if we think Trump should not return to the White House and Harris would make a fine president, we’re going to be able to say so.

That’s why I, the humor columnist, am endorsing Kamala Harris by myself!

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Could have been funnier.*

*I applaud the writer.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. dixiehack

I remain skittish to pessimistic about Harris’s chances, which I regularly share. That makes it fair that I share some reasons for hope when drilling down into the details of this ABC poll. (Disclaimer: POLLZ!)

Harris regains slight lead nationally yet Electoral College holds the cards: POLL

My deeply unscientific takeaway is that our side outnumbers his side, but all of his zombie army is going to vote (or has already done so). Turnout, turnout, turnout. It does no good to run up the score with black and Hispanic voters if there are 15 percent fewer of them voting than in 2020. If she’s looking for a new theme song for the final 10 days, I suggest “All About That Base.”

maumann likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

What qualifies him to be someone whom millions of people rely on to make sense of the world?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Shouldn't we have election monitors from around the world coming over to oversee our election since there is so much suspicion about the results? Just wondering why nobody has brought this up.
    Also - maybe its just me, but the TrumpFest at MSG today seems to have more of a "Last Supper" vibe given the line-up, than a push to get votes. Why bring Rudy back? Some of the other cronies to speak and slurp on the Donald. It comes off like a vanity project, first Coachella, now MSG. I'm surprised they didn't opt for Carnegie Hall.

I Should Coco and OscarMadison like this.
  10. dixiehack

Webster and Smallpotatoes like this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but I think Trump will probably win.

People are pissed off at Harris. They think he did a good job with the economy and Harris/Biden didn’t.

I’m told he’s doing much better with Blacks and Latinos than the last time. The “genocide” shit is costing her Muslims, especially in Michigan, and a lot of younger liberals who insist on a perfect candidate.

I hope I’m wrong. I voted already by mail, for Harris.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

There’s a rumor floating on social media that’ll have Starman doing backflips if true and revealed.

Draft saved Draft deleted