1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I have no clue what is going to happen in a week and a half, but I choose to remain optimistic. And there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

One small signal of hope for me: I live in a county that is one of the deepest wells for Democratic votes in a swing state that Hillary Clinton largely abandoned and Joe Biden gave passing attention to. The Harris/Walz campaign has been visiting just about every week. Sure we're getting two Walz visits for every Harris one, but they're here. And it appears to be paying off. Our county's 2024 early vote total has already exceeded our 2020 early vote total and is way ahead of 2016 early voting, with a week to go. There are good reasons not to put too weight much into that fact, but it's enough for me to feel like there's a decent chance she can win this state.

maumann, garrow and TowelWaver like this.
  2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

That rumor is...something.

If networks carry his MSG rally, I think that's a good move for Trump and their campaign. A last-minute convention that draws eyeballs is smart. Conventions always provide bounces.

Now, of course he could say something impossibly stupid. But it rallies the base in a big way, so it's worth a shot (pun intended, given the rumor).

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I’m an Undecided Hobbit, Torn Between a Dark Lord Who Promises an Age of Chaos and an Elf Queen Whom I Just Wish I Knew More About

The prices of pipe-weed from the East Farthing are sky high. The Dark Lord Sauron has promised to lower those prices. No, he has not shared any stone-sure strategy on how he aims to accomplish this, but it’s more about the way he says it. Also, the fact that he has run a successful enterprise in Mordor for about an age makes me trust him. Oh? He inherited the mantle of Dark Lord from Morgoth, and Sauron has historically been a failure? Hmm, that should make me reevaluate if he deserves the power he has… but what really gets my knickers in a bunch is the price of pipe-weed.

Galadriel acknowledges that pipe-weed is too expensive. She promises to fight for me and make my life as a middle-class Hobbit easier by making the nobility (like Aragorn, son of Arathorn—hate that guy) pay their fair share. I guess she also released an agenda that’s eighty-two scrolls long, which details this plan. And I’m like, how am I supposed to find time to read that and practice my line-dancing for Bilbo’s 111th birthday?!

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

so many specifics the choice is clear

UNCGrad likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Unlike the original Last Supper, many more than one person has/will betray Drumpf!

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

JV looks like a fish out of water in this interview with Tapper.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Can someone post a link to said rumor?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

With all the obvious caveats that this is probably nothing:

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Everything from groping a minor to the assassination attempt was stated to a stroke nothing concrete

Draft saved Draft deleted