1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They’re at the Giants next week. The rule is supposed to be for the last Washington home game before the election.

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Polling all year has shown that the truly olds are either an even split or mildly pro-Harris. It's the 54-65 age bracket that is Trump's strongest.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I mean that’s Kill Tony’s shtick. He says the outrageous stuff. It’s not weird for him. Except he’s not on his podcast trying to one up everyone. He’s race baiting a crowd who doesn’t think he’s joking.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

65+ folks are NOT going to be the reason Trump wins. Pretty much all polls show Gen X and 18-35 males hold that distinction.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Two of the eight highest concentrations of Puerto Ricans in the US are in Pennsylvania -- Philly and Allentown. I'd run that clip on a fucking loop.

6. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

He's a racist, full stop. He's said shit like this before. He used racist stereotypes and a racist accent after following an Asian American comedian on stage a couple of years ago.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

No see you just don't have a sense of humor, that's just comedy and jokes man

Smallpotatoes and HanSenSE like this.
  8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Just so I’m clear…

His shtick is he tells racist jokes, and the problem is that he’s telling racist jokes to a crowd of racists that like his racist jokes?

matt_garth and HanSenSE like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Spartan Squad

When you put it that way…

My point was more time and place for when he’s saying this. At Tom Brady’s roast, he didn’t drop a watermelon comment but he toed a line. And clips of his podcast go around and he has all comers saying the un-PC stuff for shock value. But he knew what he was doing here. This wasn’t his shock value nonsense. This was knowing his audience and leaning in. There is times poking fun at PC is fine, but it’s the time and place. This was not that, was my point.

franticscribe likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted