1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Note that this person's cowboy hat is on backward.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There is no way the polls are "moving" at this point, unless they were in the wrong place to begin with.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Shit like this will eventually piss off enough people to get us to universal healthcare.

"Every day, patients across America crack open envelopes with bad news. Yet another health insurer has decided not to pay for a treatment that their doctor has recommended. Sometimes it’s a no for an MRI for a high school wrestler with a strained back. Sometimes for a cancer procedure that will help a grandmother with a throat tumor. Sometimes for a heart scan for a truck driver feeling short of breath.

"But the insurance companies don’t always make these decisions. Instead, they often outsource medical reviews to a largely hidden industry that makes money by turning down doctors’ requests for payments, known as prior authorizations. Call it the denials for dollars business."

An analysis of the company’s own data shows that, since 2021, EviCore turned down prior authorization requests, in full or in part, almost 20% of the time in Arkansas, which requires the publication of denial rates. By comparison, the equivalent figure for federal Medicare Advantage plans was about 7% in 2022."

EviCore, the Company Helping U.S. Health Insurers Deny Coverage for Treatments — ProPublica

franticscribe likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That’s his point. The agitators are going to start aggressively adjusting because they’re seeing the polls were off

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And Trump will claim another "stolen election." Hope the ratings bumps and clicks were worth it news orgs. Saw a report that the GOP is sending 200k "poll watchers" out across the country. Not people to ensure their voters vote, to drive down the vote. What does that say? Not really something a campaign with it in the bag does.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ohh please please let a poll watcher be at my polling location. They'll get a poll to watch alright.

Neutral Corner and Driftwood like this.
  9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The only thing that will lead to government healthcare is when the private markets feel there's no more money in it.

FileNotFound and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

This country has invented more fucked-up ways for people to make money without producing a damn thing.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2024 at 1:26 PM
  11. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I hope this is true about the polls "shifting". Not sure it'll alleviate my anxiety, but even when they are 0.2, 0.4 or whatever in favor of Trump on a poll average site like 538 in five of the seven swing states (shown this morning on Good Morning America), I go to a dark place in my mind.

I know, I know. POLLZ!

Still doesn't help.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's not true. They produce bureaucracy.

Draft saved Draft deleted