1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Alright guys. This is one of my favorite threads on this site. Let's try to get to 200 pages this year.

So, predictions for 2011?

I'll start.

By the end of this year, I think Morrison, Kofi and Daniel Bryan get championship runs. I also think Undertaker hangs it up, Miz falls from the spot light and at least one major star (Orton?) gets hurt for an extended period of time.

2. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

Despite the push of new talent, Wrestlemania will still feature Cena/Triple H/Undertaker/Edge/Orton in a main event or title match.

The non-major PPVs will continue to suck with their absurd themes.

3. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

WrestleMania main event: Cena v. Miz.

And whoever Undertaker wrestles, special guest referee: Shawn Michaels.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I can definitely see both of those, depending on Cena's injury.

Some other predictions:

Del Rio gets the belt on Smackdown, winning it by beating the non-champion in a Triple-Threat, Fatal Fourway-type match.

Barrett regains control of Nexus, goes over to Smackdown and challenges Undertaker for WM. Stipulation is that Nexus disbands or Taker retires. Taker wins and Nexus disbands. Barrett becomes Smackdown's top heel with Del Rio. Gabriel goes after Kofi and Ziggler with the IC belt, and the rest just fade away.

HHH returns, gets revenge on Sheamus, then turns heel to battle Morrison, who gets a brief run with the belt before dropping it back to Miz.

A very prominent active wrestler will die, bringing back the handwringing.

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Dave Meltzer (wrestlingobserver.com) is reporting that Awesome Kong has signed with WWE.

That should shake things up a bit with the divas.

6. Baron Scicluna

It's about time.

The Divas division could be so much better if Vince & Co. didn't treat it like a joke.

7. schiezainc

I love the idea of Kong vs. Beth. Too bad they'll relegate her to being Laycool's sidekicks for three months, having her destroy everyone in the process, before having her turn on them in time for Mania.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ugh, don't give them any ideas... But Kong in WWE could be awesome. They've been giving the women a bitttt more time lately.

9. schiezainc

Well Kong very clearly has to be established as the "most powerful" diva right? That means she can only feud with Beth because, well, the rest of the divas shouldn't stand a chance. And since Beth is kinda feuding with Laycool (At least I think she is, I haven't watched in two weeks), it stands to reason that Kong will be with them and they'll use her in much the way they used Kaval, i.e. she'll follow them around and the whole time you'll wonder why they couldn't come up with something more creative.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Usually McMahon can book monsters pretty well, and Kong is rather unlike any diva they've had, so I'd think that she could be presented pretty well. She could go to Raw and wreak havoc on their women's division until Gail Kim steps in and they have the best women's matches on WWE TV in years.

11. Baron Scicluna

That would be IF Gail is out of the doghouse, which she's been in for her botches for the last year or so.

Seems like she's been in quite a few Raw matches where she never gets tagged in or gets tagged in and loses inside of a minute.

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Her and Kong have good chemistry together, based on their TNA matches, so if anything gets her back into the picture, this would. Plus WWE cycles their women's acts so much that just by default, she'll probably pop up again. Heck, the tried giving Jillian Hall a push before cutting her.

Poor Maryse and Ted Dibiase. If you told me this time last year that you'd put them together and their careers would completely crater because of it, I'd be rather surprised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.