1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senior Editor, NFL.com

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Freelance Hack, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Again from JobsinSports:

Apparently, you can apply online from here

2. Editude

Editude Active Member

No team in L.A., bu the NFL is based in Culver City ...

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Has been for a while.
    From what I gather, they're cutting the umbilical cord to CBSSportsline.

4. jdklamp

jdklamp Member

Who is the managing editor at NFL.com?

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Damn, I wish that job could be done from home.

6. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

This looks like a pretty sweet gig. I wonder if somebody with just newspaper experience would be looked at for something like this. thoughts?

7. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Apparently no one, since that's one of the open jobs.

http://nfl.kenexa.com/nfl/cc/CCJobResultsAction.ss?command=ViewJobDetails&job_REQUISITION_NUMBER=5404

8. Pops

Pops Member

National editor is Vic Carucci. Good guy. Not sure what the power structure is of the operation at large.

9. gospringboks

gospringboks Member

It can be, if your home is the NFL.com newsroom in Culver City, Calif.

10. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

That link doesn't show a job opening.

11. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

FYI, fishwrapper is correct. The NFL is taking management of NFL.com in house at some point this year, though I'm not sure about the timing of the re-launch. SportsLine has run the site since 2001. Looks like the league may be going for something like MLB.com. Seems strange the jobs would be in California, though.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Culver City is pretty cool, like a small town surrounded by a big town. Pop. about 40,000. Just a couple of miles from the beach. NYT did a feature on it a couple of weeks ago, focusing on all the trendy new restaurants and art galleries. But the locals go to two legendary places: Tito's Tacos and Johnny's Pastrami. Actually, most of the big movie studios that say they're in Hollywood are in Culver City -- Sony Pictures, Tri-Star, the old MGM lot. "Las Vegas" shoots there, so Nikki Cox is in town regularly. Worst part about Culver City is the 405 cuts right through it and they're in the midst of serious construction making already-awful traffic even worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted