1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts, the Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

hello from somewhere near ft. worth.

2. wlat2

wlat2 New Member

Maybe you should stop posting and get your packing done so we don't have to listen to you prattle on about it any more.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

hello from the 6th ring ...

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Go check out the Crowne Plaza Suites hotel in Arlington for the outing, Angola!

5. Does anyone have the trick to getting off this freakin' board at a decent hour? I'm not getting enough sleep.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I had been going to be around 10-11 each night. I'm in bed as soon as I can be.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Watching C-Span?

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Close the laptop and laydown (or shut the desktop off if that's what you have). Or take a sleep MD (Wal-mart). You'll be struggling to keep your eyes open five minutes after taking it, plus you'll sleep hard for about eight hours.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Xan, I'll bring you up a case of Yuengling. On me.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Maybe it's 3 a.m. and I just posted that I'm about to go to bed. And maybe you should get me a beer, fucking newbie; although, I'm sure you're not a newbie. I'm sure you are a regular poster who has an alter-ego, but that's cool.. you can get me a beer anyway.

11. I've got a laptop and I'm laying in my bed. Closing it doesn't often work. I just open it again as soon as I get a thought. I won't take medicine to go to sleep ... I won't even take it for a headache.

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Fucking A, now I'm really pissed the fuck off. Was on the rowing machine for 30 minutes today, then did some ab exercises. As I was getting up off the floor from the abs, I pivot on my right (good) leg and all of a sudden, my knee goes SNAP*CRACKLE*POP and I drop an f-bomb in the main exercise room at the YMCA.

I've felt this before in my other knee, nine years ago. My lower leg was planted on the floor while the upper leg rotated around the knee. The result: torn cartilage and surgery three years later. Getting the knee cleaned up isn't the big deal to me, since I know you're off crutches one or two days after getting scoped, but this would be the FIFTH surgery I've had in the last SIX years. One of my left knee, two on my right shoulder (ex-pitcher with gawd-awful mechanics) and one on my left elbow (HS wrestling injury that I let go for five years). I make Carl Pavano look like fucking Cal Ripken, Jr.

So yeah, I'm a tad frustrated. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.