1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos - 5/13

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by melock, May 13, 2007.

1. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

Well, actually...when he was working over Artie Bucco's wife in one of his dream sequences, he was...ahh...on top. He still had his t-shirt on, but he wasn't in his usual "position."

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

speaking of artie i was a little surprised to see him in the background at chrissie's wake. i guess i was only surprised because he hasn't been a part of this season at all. too bad. i thought he was a compelling character and when doogie howser's old buddy showed up at tony's bedside it reminded me that those two still have unresolved issues. tony said they were resolved but what ever happened to the restaurant? was he allowed to take credit cards?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Sarah Shahi was born in Grapevine, Texas on January 1980, two years after her family left her native Iran, due the 1979 Islamic Revolution. As her last name "Shahi" suggests, she is a descendent of Fath Ali Shah of the Qajar Dynasty, who ruled Iran from 1797 to 1834. Shahi combines beauty with intelligence, as she is bilingual in English and Persian, studied science and was a member of the National Honor Society.
    While studying at The Southern Methodist University, she became a cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys for the years, 1999-2000. During her cheerleading experience, she graced the covers of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders Calendar and of Muscle and Fitness Magazine. She even travelled to the troubled Balkans in January 2000, as part of a USO tour to perform for US soldiers engaged in operations in Kosovo.
    She guest starred on episodes of Maybe It's Me, and Spin City and regularly guest stars as Jenny on the ABC show Alias.
    Asked what her great ancestor Fath Ali Shah would have thought of her career, she said, "I think he'd probably be pleased and happy of the advancements I have made." Her fans would agree.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I've heard good stories about her time on The L Word. ;)

5. Stupid

Stupid Member

After watching again, a couple of things popped up in the scene in Tony's bedroom.

Sil chastizing the dude (I didn't recognize him but he was the other young guy besides Bennie) who kept mentioning Carlo being on his way.

"What's up with you and Carlo's arrival?"

Then to the same guy after he mentions Chris tossing LIttle Paulie off the balcony:

"Let's not go theh!"

SVZ as Sil cracks me up time and time again.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

The guy who plays Artie got in some trouble with the law last year. DUI and cocaine residue. Maybe that figured into it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ventimiglia

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

ah. i see. that would make sense.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Seriously, with three episodes left, you guys want to spend a piece of what little time remains on Artie? As far as I'm concerned, Artie's story was given closure when he killed that rabbit and cooked it himself. I have no interest, none at all, in dealing with his demons any further. If he has three lines the rest of the series, I'll be fine with it.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yes, i was serious. why would even ask if i was serious? i find artie to be an interesting character. he's been a part of the family (not in the family, obviously, but like hesh, important to character's development) since the beginning. he is also a metaphor for many things such as the mobsters striking a balance between their world and the real world.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

And all of that was dealt with the episode where Artie killed the rabbit and cooked it with his own hands. As far as I'm concerned, the Artie storyline was given proper closure.

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

They could've finished Artie's storyline with the argument in the parking lot with T a couple of seasons ago and it wouldn't have made a blip.

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yeah, whatever. i'm not even sure why i'm arguing with you about it. i like(d) artie's character. i like when they focus on all his problems. the end.

Draft saved Draft deleted