1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Wonder why Dusty wasn't part of the finale? I'm SURE Elliotte is asking the same question.

What would have been nice is a This Is Your Life retrospective. Maybe cut the wrestling down to an hour, then spend the second hour walking down memory lane with Flair. Would have been great to see Sting in the mix, but understandably that wasn't happening.

If Teddy Hart could get one more chance (he won't), they could have him, Reid Flair, Cody Rhodes, Nattie Neidhart, Ted Dibiase Jr. and Harry Smith as a nice mega-stable of next-gen wrestlers. Call it The Legacy or something.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If nobody minds a Zapruder film-like presentation, here's the off-air Raw stuff:

Also the song they played at the end was "Leave the Memories Alone" by Fuel. You'd think the 16-time world champion and greatest wrestler ever could get a better sendoff song than fucking fail-ass Fuel, but whatevs. Seriously, were the rights fees for Eve 6 and Dishwalla too steep? Marcy Playground didn't want the association? Semisonic being saved for the Undertaker?

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Why those? Why not his regular theme music?

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

They've already yanked the links eight hours after you posted them. Too bad, too. I would have liked to have seen it.

5. rallen13

rallen13 Member

What will 'Naitch do now? Will he pull a Steven Regal and become some WWE Guru? Will he get bounced around in the ring or backstage and have to go back in and straighten someone out once or twice like Stone Cold has done? Or will he take a nice, long 30+ year vacation with his family?

While on the subject of the Nature Boy, what ever happened to David Flair's (short-lived) career? He wasn't great in the ring, but he had a few good story lines.

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I can understand why Sting wasn't there, but it would have been nice to see the Funks.

At any rate, my memory was jarred Monday night seeing some of my all-time favorites return: Harley Race (naturally), Ricky Steamboat, the Four Horsemen, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and Dean Malenko.

Awesome. Totally awesome.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Maybe he'll manage Reid, who should be making the roster jump in about a year, depending on his progress. Then again, I think Cody Rhodes should still be in FCW, so maybe he'll get the call sooner, seeing as his bloodline is pretty impressive and you could get a solid angle with Flair going.

8. td truckers

td truckers Member

The reason why Dusty Rhodes did not partake in the Flair tribute on Raw is because he was in Tampa getting situated for his new position as the head creative writer for WWE's Florida Championship Wrestling developmental territory. That is why he did that taped segment earlier in the show.

9. Isn't he going to be on that CBS reality show?

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

He couldn't make the hour drive to Orlando?

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What about Orton? Carlito?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, Ric Flair is slated to appear on "Secret Talents of the Stars" to show off his ballroom dancing skills. But it's just a filler show. He might be on five or six episodes (if it lasts that long).

Draft saved Draft deleted