1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBC week 13 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 16, 2008.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I hope you forgot the blue font.

That's the beauty of a true round-robin. No need for a championship game, and the possibility of a team like Missouri getting a second chance to do what it couldn't do the first time.

And as far as the "co-champions" being semantics, the league doesn't feel that way, and neither do the involved schools. If OSU does go to the Rose Bowl, USC will still call itself the Pac-10 co-champion, and rightly so.

The NCAA screwed up when it went to 12 games by failing to make conferences with 10 or more teams add another league game, instead of a non-conference blowout against The Citadel or Tennessee-Martin. That would have provided another chance to separate teams in the Big Ten, Big 12, ACC and SEC.

And dang that Big East for being such a pushover in its BCS games. Remind me again how West Virginia did the last two times it played in the BCS, and how Oklahoma did its last four times?

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would Texas Tech fans would travel well to the Cotton Bowl.

3. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

AP is out.
    1 Bama
    2 FL
    3 OU
    4 Texas
    5 USC

4. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Texas is 4 in the USA Today as well, while OU and FL are flipped.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So Bama and OU prolly the top 2 in the BCS?

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The Pac-10 can call them co-champions, but Oregon State won the head-to-head matchup. The Pac-10 could call Washington its co-champion for all I care, and based on records and head-to-head, Oregon State will still be their champion.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah ... what's the drive from Lubbock to Big D?

Weird season. Orange Bowl could be Cincinnati-Boston College and the Gator Bowl Nebraska-FSU.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I stuck 2007 in there by accident. I was thinking OSU-LSU. Part of the reason I probably made the mistake was that OSU got to the National Championship game two years in a row with a Big Ten aided schedule and no conference championship game, only to get overmatched by a better team with one more loss. Both games were doomed to failure. I was looking forward to West Virginia-Oklahoma last year more than I was OSU-LSU, even if OSU-LSU was the actual championship game.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I STILL don't understand just why Penn State isn't a "sexy" pick. Somebody spell it out for me, because I haven't gotten it all year long.

QB's probably going to be all-Big Ten first team. Solid feature back. Three future NFL receivers. Killer run defense. What is everyone else missing? They don't like a good tailgate?

And what would make anyone think PSU '08 -- NOT Ohio State '07 and NOT Ohio State '06 -- would not stand every chance of staying in a game with the big boys y'all are putting up there.

10. SouthPaw

SouthPaw New Member

Anyone else finding Alabama-Auburn completely irrelevant to the Tide's BCS title game chances? Even if they lose, beat allegedly vaunted, unstoppable Florida in the SEC championship game when everyone and their brother believes the Gators will lay a four-touchdown whoopin' on them and they're right back up there.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Thousands of Nebraskans have no idea why they just took a baseball bat to their John Deere combines.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if i have a $20 bill and you have two $10s, who has more money?

Draft saved Draft deleted