1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tasering at Phillies Game--Fair or Extreme?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, May 4, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm sure this guy cannot meet the standards of his job description. Guarding that fence is about as dangerous as they will let his job become.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. mb

mb Active Member

BTW, another fan on the field tonight in Philadelphia. Not tazed.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Unless it was Pujols, who would have caught it in his teeth.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

ucacm could have been speaking for me, too. Definitely don't feel sorry for the kid one bit, but, yeah, the taser probably shouldn't have been used.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I have a question.

Why the fuck is this national news?

Idiots run on the field all the time and get their ass kicked by cops. I would guess this is not the first idiot to be tasered either. Why are people making a big deal out of this? Is it simply because some yahoo caught it on tape and sold it to ESPN?

I also don't understand why people think this was excessive use for force. The kid knew he shouldn't run on the field, did it anyway, disobeyed the cops and paid the price. End of story.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think we have more pages on this than the Nashville flood, ArmQB.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

It happened in Philadelphia. If anything bad happens in the Philadelphia sporting scene, it gets blown out of proportion.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It's always stunny in Philadelphia

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

We should support the police no matter what they do, especially when the help Pig Ben rape women in bathrooms.

10. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

It sickens me that anyone would think that a (less) lethal weapon is an appropriate response to a trespasser.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The correct answer is that the use of tazers by law enforcement is still a controversial issue.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I think that photo was so remarkable that it pushed it way over the edge. That picture said a million fucking things.

I mean, you even had a State Farm Insurance billboard in the background.

This dude is already something of an Internet phenomenon.

Draft saved Draft deleted