1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I preferred the dress, frankly. I'm guessing that might have been what she was wearing, what everyone was wearing, was what they wore on the plane.

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

Thoroughly enjoyed the finale, and I've seen every episode.

All things considered, it pushed all the right buttons for me.

Jack's eye closing at the end was just perfect.

Thank you, Lost, for the diversion for the past six years.

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

The Times couldn't have gotten it more wrong, right down to the assertion the producers "hedged their bets" by including the various religious symbols.
    That wasn't a hedging. It was a declaration -- that partisan religious worship that declares one religion to have The Answer and the others to be fraudulent is patently wrong.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

From the NY Times piece.

The battle with the Smoke Monster mattered because if it left The Island, that meant the light was out at The Heart of The Island and inside every man (as Mother said), therefore man was soulless, meaning there was no eternity/afterlife for him. Thus, the entire Island storyline did matter within the show's narrative. If Jack doesn't stop Smocke and recork that hole, then the limbo world ("Sideways flashes") never exists because there is no staging ground for afterlife or an afterlife. This is true not only for our characters but for mankind.

It was all directly connected to the final outcome. Without redemption, without atoning for their sins, flaws, corruptions, failures or general brokenness (a.k.a. who they were before they got to The Island), they don't get into eternity. "The most important part" of their lives was each finding redemption in the wake of each other on that Island, or basically earning their pass into heaven or whatever you want to call it.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Does anyone realize that we are discussing this show like a fine painting or a classic poem?

Seriously, this show is vastly superior, IMHO, to any fiction ever aired on television. The more I think about this, the more I believe it.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Devil -
    That's the fun of it, for me. It reminds me of the best times I had in college classes when we'd dissect literature.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

She wore a black jacket, pants and a white shirt on the plane.

Maybe they had her change because it would look weird for her to be wearing a cocktail dress in a church?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This reminds me in college, we used to dissect 90210.

Lost is far beyond analyzing whether Dylan is going to date Kelly or Brenda.

9. BRoth

BRoth Member

I was disappointed. That was easily one of her top-3 outfits from the show. She was looking just fine for the afterlife.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So, how soon into the afterlife do you think Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Juliet are engaging in a massive fourway? I mean, with Jack and Juliet hooking up to make that kid, it completed the circle and everyone involved got a run at everyone else so I say they should give it a go. :)

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm sort of dissapointed with the ending because so many other parts of the show were so thrilling.

I'll never forget how my crazy the show got when the others took Walt and shot Sawyer. Or when I found out Jack and Kate had gotten off the island.

The hatch, finding Desmond inside, polar bears and smoke monsters. The russian dude. Those parts were so thrilling. Ben's surgery... and so many other moments. So many cliffhangers were so much better than the ending.

12. NDub

NDub Guest

The entire point of the finale was to end the cliffhangers and create resolution, not a thrilling plot twist.

Draft saved Draft deleted