1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knight and Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 8, 2010.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

There's Something About Mary?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I thought this movie starred Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll give Diaz, The Mask, There's Something About Mary and Being John Malkovich. She was also pretty good in small parts in Very Bad Things and the Last Supper.

4. Mizzougrad96

I don't think that's true at all. The main reason Cruise and Diaz were featured so prominently at the MTV awards was to promote the film.

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

I feel like they've already given away what could be an important twist of the movie in the trailer. At the beginning, Diaz is some bumbling love interest who doesn't know what's going on, then later, she flips around on Cruise while both are riding a motorcycle, firing duel handguns and blowing out tires of cars following them like it's nothing.

Or maybe it's just me.

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I liked Cruise before I knew his feelings on depression.

He can get fucked.

7. Mizzougrad96

The more Cruise talks about stuff like that, the more people hate him. I think he's been on a personal PR tour since then, taking parts like the Grossman part in Tropic Thunder and I don't think he's said much on Scientology/Depression since he went off like five years ago.

I remember during that tour, which I think was for MI:3, thinking, "OK, this asshole can go away forever now..."

I think he's somewhat redeemed himself since, but we'll see how this movie does.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Keeping quiet about his opinions doesn't change his opinions. That's not redemption.
    I've never been a fan, nor do I care what his opinions are. I'm just saying.

9. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

the Mask is what I thought of. But I was disappointed to find out later her build is nothing like the character in that movie.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

He will redeem himself when he apologizes to the millions who suffer from depression and admit that it is a real illness. Until then, fuck him.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

You weren't a huge fan of Maverick?

Why do you hate America, Buck? You've lost that lovin' feeling, and Rick Rossivich flexes his beach volleyball muscles in protest.

12. Mizzougrad96

If you hate every actor who has douchey opinions, or does something stupid there won't be much TV or movies left to watch. Should I boycott 2 1/2 Men because Charlie Sheen beats up women and frequents whores? Should I skip 24 because Kiefer Sutherland likes to drive drunk?

Do I agree or respect Cruise's opinions on depression, postpartum depression, psychiatry or anything else that has to do with Scientology? Hell no. He should shut the fuck up.

But, if he makes a good movie, as he has for the bulk of his career, people will go see it.

Draft saved Draft deleted