1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 20, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I walked just in time to hear that line about G-d. Great stuff.

The girl's line about wanting to be sure that her children will be raised in the religion she chooses, obviously paying no attention at all to her boyfriend's faith, was great, too.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

"I'm so impressed with everyone's Sunday best. It's so [disgusted pause] Christ chic."

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It's to the point where I mute the songs.

The dialogue, the plotlines, the characters . . . great. Tonight was excellent, especially since it didn't get tied up in a "Kurt now likes religion and daddy's walking around again!" little bow.

But the songs . . . sometimes I wonder where the show's creators end, and the demand for lucrative iTunes downloads/a need to fill a couple of minutes begin.

4. I liked some of the performances -- like Puck's "Only the Good Die Young." But, a Rachel solo in every episode is getting a little old. I think three to four songs is all they need, even if they are shortening them some.

5. Mira

Mira Member

I loved Finn doing "Losing My Religion." But I love anything or anybody honoring the genius that is REM.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God, did I hate this episode.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm a sucker for a gospel choir and I thought Bridge over Troubled Water was fantastic.

And Chris Colfer should submit this episode for Emmy nods next year. I thought he was great, and I'm not the biggest Kurt fan.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Loved that line. Just loved the episode, period.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Somehow I doubt "Papa Can You Hear Me" will be a big hit with the downloaders.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

One of the better TV episodes I've seen, but hard for me to watch.

The Chee-sus stuff was priceless.

My mom died when I was very young. My dad died of a heart attack shortly before I turned 11. So the whole Curt with his dad thing was difficult. Brought back some memories and I cried a couple of times while watching.

Of course, just when you think you can't hate Sue any more, they make her look human again.

I've seen all 25 episodes and this was definitely top 3. Only one from this season to crack the top 15, actually.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Here's a question: For those of you who loved it, how many of you have some belief in a spiritual being? Some god, or higher power?

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not me.
    That's not why I loved it.

Draft saved Draft deleted