1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Hattiesburg, Miss.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by albert77, May 31, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Where? I can see some really small daily going from, say 3,000 to 5,000 as a town grows. I get that.

I'd like to know any daily that had a paid circ. of 25,000 or higher in 2007 who has a larger paid circ. today.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

With the Newhouse layoffs, I'm thinking the pool of candidates just grew exponentially ...

3. BudMan

BudMan Member

Whoever wrote that job ad deserves a prize for humor writing. Take it from a former Gannett manager, the attributes they list, including "a strong sense of fairness and high ethical standards" are NOT what Gannett is looking for in a manager these days. But, people need jobs and Hattiesburg is a better-than-average place to live.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Good to catch sight of you again, BudMan.

5. tmsports

tmsports New Member

Is the job still open?

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it is, although I'm hearing they may promote from the current staff. Whether they would then fill that spot or just cut it altogether is anyone's guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted