1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CFB coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Oct 14, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I give Michigan credit for coming to play.

A contract like that will rock college football because we will have finally reached the level where only a handful of schools can play a coach at that level.

2. RecoveringJournalist

I figured Harbaugh would be the highest-paid coach after he gets to his new team, but I didn't think that team would be Michigan.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe someone with more knowledge and experience can offer a better opinion, but it seems that College coaching, on the level of Michigan is a lot more work and effort than the on the pro level. No recruiting, which is time consuming and a bit demeaning. Essentially begging and buying a 16 and 17 year old by telling him and his family all kind of lies.
    Conidtioning is easier in the pros where its contractual and money is on the line. A better coach staff.

And whether you're at FSU or the 49ers, you basically own the local police.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Amateur Athletics.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Take that to the WNBA thread

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

We
    Need
    Better
    Athletes

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

On one level it's absolutely nuts that a coach goes to the Super Bowl and NFC title game (twice) in his first 3 years and could be on the brink of leaving.

Insanity.

What, coaches aren't allowed to have even one sub-par year anymore?

Yeah, he's a prick and prickly but come on. How many coaches have put together that kind of resume in his first 3 years? Makes no sense he'd go back to college right now.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Xan, he isn't leaving because of a subpar year. He was out the door with anything short of a Super Bowl championship, and maybe even with that.

The Niners just can't work with him anymore. Part of that is what an ass Harbaugh is, but the bigger part is that the owner is a little rich boy who doesn't want to be around anyone he finds threatening.

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I've read the saga about the tangled relationship. I just think the owner needs to stop being a fucking idiot and realize the kind of coach he has.

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  10. RecoveringJournalist

The contract Michigan is offering is the one the 49ers should have handed Harbaugh after going to the Super Bowl.

I get that Harbaugh is a pain in the ass. Most NFL coaches are.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They threw an awful lot of money into the new stadium, and the offense laid an egg. If Harbaugh wasn't out, than the OC would have been for sure.

12. RecoveringJournalist

I've never been sure how much the OC is to blame and how much Kaepernick is to blame. They both suck as far as I'm concerned.

Draft saved Draft deleted