1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You won't be seeing "The Interview"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Dec 17, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I have Monday's @Midnight on and every other commercial is for The Interview.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This could go down as one of the more brilliant advertising ploys weve ever seen.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I guess this puts the kibosh on the latest in a series, "Bring It On: Holla For Allah."

bigpern23 and Songbird like this.
  4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

FOX announced it is canceling its production run of Simpsons T-Shirts that read "Ayatolla Assaholla."

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

bigpern23 likes this.
  6. RecoveringJournalist

It would be if they released it.

I don't think this is a ploy on any level.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

What Would Mitt Do?

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

It will still get released. Straight to DVD....PPV....Netflix....Somehow...Somewhere, this thing will be released.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I didn't want to see the movie. Now I kinda do, just to spite the hackers/North Korea.

10. RecoveringJournalist

Eventually, but it will make pennies compared to what it would have made in the theaters.

I'll be surprised if it's available (legally) anywhere other than VOD in the next three months.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Will it, though?

Personally I can guarantee I wouldn't be seeing that movie in the theaters. If it shows up next week for $9.99 as an On Demand offering, I probably watch it.

Sony might have lucked into a test case for straight-to-the-home distribution.

12. RecoveringJournalist

I would not have seen it in the theaters either, but I doubt you and I were the target audience. I think they were banking on stoners helping it make similar money to what This is The End, Neighbors and Pineapple Express made. IIRC, I think all three did pretty well at the box office.

Draft saved Draft deleted