1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official 2014 Secret Santa thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Nov 1, 2014.

1. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

OMG, I just noticed what your avatar is. Hahaha. You are too much.

cranberry likes this.
  2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Anytime. My personal favorite is the Bryant's, but you can't go wrong with either.

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, I used to go there all the time when I traveled through that area regularly, but I think I've only been there once or twice in the last decade. Very cool and much appreciated.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

According to the FedEx tracker, my gift has been delivered. Not sure if the recipient has seen it yet.

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Go VCU Rams. I will, indeed, be the coolest kid in the neighborhood with my nifty new VCU hoodie.

Moderator1 likes this.
  6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

USPS tracking says my gift was delivered yesterday. Kinda worried that giftee hasn't said anything. Even if he/she hates the gift, like to know that it arrived safely.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I shipped. :)

And I would like to give a huge, heart-felt thank you to my Secret Santa for the box of chocolates. I'm going to have to hide them and threaten the men in my home if they even look at them, but the one chocolate I sampled was amazing.

Thank you, Secret Santa.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I've yet to hear anything from my giftee as well, but I'm certain it was shipped Saturday.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Good to hear. Those are my absolute favorites.

Rosie likes this.
  10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I got Flip's package!

I have reading material for months and a super cool t-shirt!

I mailed me and the GF's packages today. I also sent a super special bonus to a previous Secret Santa, who, well it is a long story but I had some extra presents on hand.

Post Office says everything will be delivered by Monday or Tuesday. Enjoy the fudge, if you want to know the secret ingredient, I'll share but I promise it isn't pot. Everything in it can be purchased at the grocery store.

11. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Mine has not arrived yet (or at least, my apartment office hasn't managed to inform me if it has), and I'm leaving for a week tomorrow. But packages get checked in at the office, so it will stay nice and ready for me after Christmas even if it arrives after I've headed for snowier pastures.

12. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Have not received confirmation that the following have received their gifts, some of whom should have quite a few days ago. Please give me a heads up if you have. Thanks.

Writing Waffle
    Amy
    Smash Williams
    Copperpot
    JayFarrar
    Cranberry, king of the sheep
    Vombatus
    Simon
    Buck

Draft saved Draft deleted