1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SONY hack: Difference between theft and leak

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Dec 15, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

The Sony emails did not include pictures of Jennifer Lawrence's tits. :D

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it was his camp who recorded it, but the only issue is where Peterson was when he took the call. In many (if not most) states, only one party needs to consent to the recording (i.e., Peterson). Minnesota, Texas and New York statutes all allow one-party consent for recording calls, so there's no legal issue if he was in any of those states when the call occurred.

Boom_70 likes this.
  3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Makes sense. Thx

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

The cyber-terrorists have won!

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Rob Lowe :
    Wow. Everyone caved. The hackers won. An utter and complete victory for them. Wow.

Judd Apatow:
    I think it is disgraceful that these theaters are not showing The Interview. Will they pull any movie that gets an anonymous threat now?

Jimmy Kimmel: @JuddApatow I agree wholeheartedly. An un-American act of cowardice that validates terrorist actions and sets a terrifying precedent.

Newt Gingrich: @RobLowe it wasn't the hackers who won, it was the terrorists and almost certainly the North Korean dictatorship, this was an act of war

Piers Morgan: What 1st Amendment?

http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3MCWCF7BH

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

If Sony had any balls, they'd either 1.) Screen the movie for free nationwide as an act of refusal or 2.) Release the movie on the July 4th holiday but add TWO HOURS to it and have Toby Keith rewrite the entire soundtrack.
    It's amazing that this might be the breaking point with our country and North Korea. A F**king Seth Rogen flick.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

74 years ago the Three Stooges and Charlie Chaplin each released films mocking/taking on Hitler. I doubt this movie is going to be the artistic achievement of The Great Dictator and won't be as important in terms of turning people's attention to something going on in another part of the world. I also get that we face completely different kinds of threats today.

But doesn't this feel like a huge regression?

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Last I remember, Sony is a Japanese company. Let them fight that fight.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What can the US do, bomb North Korea back to the stone age? Or as they call it in North Korea, Thursday.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

An "act of war"? Um, does Newt not realize Sony ain't affiliated with the U.S. Govt?

Sony can fight its own battles. And Japan can jump in first if a national govt truly feels it must join in. It's primarily their corporation that got hacked, not ours.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  12. Morris816

Morris816 Member

Draft saved Draft deleted