1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Aug 9, 2014.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Bills D at Oakland or Eagles D at Washington? I'm leaning toward the Bills.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Jeremy Hill vs. Denver or Joique Bell vs. Chicago? Feels like a Joique Bell week.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I'd go Hill, but that's a tough one..

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Found this interesting, if not particularly surprising.

Most common players on finalists in ESPN standard leagues
    Player Team % of Rosters
    DeMarco Murray Cowboys 41%
    Le'Veon Bell Steelers 40%
    Odell Beckham Jr. Giants 39%
    Rob Gronkowski Patriots 34%
    Antonio Brown Steelers 33%
    Baltimore D/ST Ravens 33%
    Andrew Luck Colts 33%
    C.J. Anderson Broncos 30%
    T.Y. Hilton Colts 30%

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, I had none of these players. Not surprisingly, I am not a finalist.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It's interesting, because it's a combination of guys who had great seasons, and more specifically, played well last week, at least in most cases.

I'm guessing that's why Manning and Rodgers aren't on that list.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I've got four of them on one finalist, two on the other.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You get some decent points from Tenn? Did get the obligatory 4 sacks but no turnovers.

Bills D without a doubt. No-brainer to me. Second best D in my league all year. Against Oakland? You kidding?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I changed course at the last minute and stuck with the Fins, after doing an informal poll of friends, who all thought the Jags might be decent last night. TEN ended up with just six points, so hopefully Miami can do better than that.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not so fast, my friend.

Philadelphia leads the fantasy world in defense/special teams points this season -- remember the ST is part of this, too. The Eagles have 10 return touchdown this season -- 10! -- to Buffalo's four. They have also blocked five kicks and recovered 15 fumbles, both league highs.

And Washington is the worst train wreck in the league right now, especially on offense. The Redskins have given up more fantasy points to defenses that any team except Jacksonville and have allowed six return TDs this season to Oakland's four. And Washington has allowed five or more sacks in each of its past six games, including seven each in its past two. Redskins QBs have been sacked 36 times in that span. The Raiders? Only 14 sacks allowed in those six games. Oh, and the Eagles are only two sacks behind Buffalo for the league lead.

I'm going with the Eagles.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Well, OK, then. :) Didn't consider the Eagles return game. Guess you can't go wrong wither way. I'd still go with the Bills, since defense is more reliable than ST, and Buffalo just seems to be getting better. They have allowed a total of 50 points over the last three weeks and have 3 TDs in that span. But I wouldn't want to count on return TDs.

Draft saved Draft deleted