1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CFB coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I blame Roman. He calls the plays . Screwed up end of Super bowl and had a year to get it right and pretty much did same thing
    against Seattle last year.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I blamed Roman for the SB, but Kaepernick for the NFC Championship Game last season.

3. RecoveringJournalist

I wonder how long Michigan will wait before it wants an answer from Harbaugh.

I tend to think he'll take it.

I wonder how many NFL teams would be willing to give him a contract of that size. I'm guessing most would, but I'm sure there are a couple teams that were interested in him that might balk at that price.

4. RecoveringJournalist

It was interesting watching Schefter choose his words so carefully while talking about it. Schefter is a Michigan graduate and is known to be pretty tight with Harbaugh. I don't know if they knew each other in school. Harbaugh is a few years older than Schefter.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Very few teams are going to balk at that price. NFL revenues are like MLB's, the numbers that we think are absurd are in reality the low end. By the end of that contract Harbaugh wouldn't even be in the top five.

It might give the Raiders pause -- but I think they'd still do it. Nobody else would blink. Shit, Steve Ross is probably funding the Michigan offer by himself, why wouldn't he do the same thing with the Dolphins?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Wouldn't he be bidding against himself?

7. LongTimeListener

Not really, because going back to college is a yes-or-no decision first, and if Harbaugh says no to that he moves on to the NFL offers.

This is how it went last time too -- Michigan set the market early, Harbaugh said no, then the Dolphins got very active. For a couple of days it looked like he was going to Miami.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

My gut feeling is that if the money is anywhere close, Harbaugh would go to Michigan. I think he's a little tired of the NFL and he'd have a long honeymoon in Ann Arbor, where he'd be loved, adored and worshipped for several years while rebuilding the program.

Michigan's most glaring weakness in the last 4-5 years, IMO, has been a pocket-passer quarterback. Harbaugh would recruit that type of player, I think, rather than the Denard Robinsons and such.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The pocket passer has gone the way of the pulling guard in college football

10. LongTimeListener

Yeah but Mark didn't want to just say "black guys."

Riptide and BDC99 like this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Chryst is the new (old) guy in Madison.

12. RecoveringJournalist

Yeah, Miami was offering significantly more money. I think $7 mil as opposed to the $5 mil he got in SF.

That's part of the reason why, as a Niners fan, I'm on Harbaugh's side here. He gave the Niners a discount and they should have given him a significant raise after making the Super Bowl, but apparently a decade of suckitude didn't teach the Niners much about keeping a successful coach happy.

They could be in a lot of trouble if they don't make a good hire.

Draft saved Draft deleted